Director of Alumnae and Community Engagement
Founded in 2009, Yeshivat Maharat is the first institution to ordain Orthodox women as members of the clergy. Maharat’s vision is a world in which Jewish communities are educated, dynamic and relevant, where diverse and impactful leaders inspire Jews to live spiritually engaged lives. Learn more at www.yeshivatmaharat.org.
About the Director of Alumnae and Community Engagement
Maharat is seeking a relationship-oriented and entrepreneurial Director of Alumnae and Community Engagement, who will develop and manage a robust alumnae professional network (58 alumnae and counting) and strengthen and grow our relationships and presence in the greater Jewish community. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, this role will support Maharat’s strategic plan by offering top notch professional development programs for alumnae, educational programming for our alumnae and growing national and international community, and overseeing major in-person and remote community-wide events and initiatives.
Excellence and Innovation
- Build Alumnae network through regular professional development, educational programs, small cohorts, and one-on-one relationships; manage transition of students to alumnae and create excitement about Maharat’s alumnae network
- Administer Entrepreneurial Microgrant program, recruit proposals, coordinate the award process, and with the Communications Manager, publicize results
- Support ongoing and new alumnae initiatives, including Halaka in Action, alumnae/student mentorship, and the Center for Lived Torah
- Plan and implement annual alumnae retreat
- With the Career Services Coordinator, support alumnae with career development
- Manage and grow alumnae resources on website portal, including the creation of affinity groups
- Maintain current information about alumnae, including roles, and track metrics for engagement and participation
Empowering New Audiences
- Manage cohort and pipeline programs and connect potential students with the Director of Recruitment and Admissions
- Direct community programs, including summer learning opportunities and the Jewish Women’s Writing Fellowship
- Serve as point-person for graduation, coordinating all graduation events with the support of the Development Associate
- Oversee scholar-in-residence requests and other profile-raising opportunities
- Maintain database and metrics on all community programming
- Develop mechanisms for engaging and growing Maharat’s international audience by partnering with students and alumnae to create culturally relevant learning experiences and gathering opportunities
- Establish local Maharat hubs/micro-communities through needs assessments and relationship building
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of relevant experience
- An engaging mentor with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- An expert relationship builder and active listener
- A professional, flexible, entrepreneurial and resourceful attitude
- Analytical, organized, proactive, detail-oriented with strong ability to prioritize and work independently and as part of a team; experience serving as a project manager
- Demonstrate good judgment and an ability to interact with confidentiality, integrity and tact
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and stay calm in high-pressure situations.
- Strong computer skills, including use Google Workspace and databases (Salesforce is a plus)
- Commitment to the mission, philosophy and values of Maharat
- Understanding of the Jewish community and familiarity with Modern Orthodoxy
- Candidates within commuting distance of Riverdale, NY for in-person or hybrid schedules preferred, but fully remote candidates will also be considered (though occasional travel to New York will be required).
- Requires work on occasional evenings and weekends
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, 403(b), and generous time off including Jewish and Federal holidays.
- Please send an email with the subject “Director of Alumnae and Community Engagement” including resume and cover letter sharing your interest and experience to Jobs@yeshivatmaharat.org.
- Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they think they meet 100% of the criteria. If you meet many but not all the criteria and feel you may be a good fit for the role, we encourage you to apply.
- Yeshivat Maharat is an Equal Opportunity Employer.