The Forward is seeking a full-time Marketing Associate who wants to help grow and shape the public face of our storied, beloved brand. If you’re a dynamic person who’s full of ideas, a great communicator who loves to learn, this is an exciting role for you. We’re a supportive, collaborative organization with little bureaucracy and lots of opportunities.
About The Role:
This role is responsible for increasing audience and public awareness of the brand with a major focus on grassroots fundraising, event planning and execution, and relationship building.
Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and assisting in the creation, maintenance, execution, and reporting of various marketing strategic campaigns and marketing communications
- Editing, scheduling, and reporting fundraising appeals, event emails, and social campaigns
- Managing a portfolio of campaigns, including composing collateral, testing, and analyzing performance
- Spearheading our growing event efforts (virtual and in-person) by coordinating all event communications and production
You will report to the Director of Innovation and support the Development Team with brand building, donor communications and event opportunities.
Salary range is $52,000 – $60,000.
- 2+ years of relevant marketing, communications and/or event experience
- Stellar written communications skills, particularly focused on marketing and engagement
- Attention to detail, self-starter approach to projects and solutions who can work independently and collaboratively.
- Project coordination experience that prioritizes quick and consistent communication and reaching across teams and departments for input
- Knowledge/interest in the Jewish world is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, including clear and effective written communication
About The Company:
The Forward, founded in 1897 as a daily Yiddish broadsheet, is the nation’s leading Jewish journalism outlet, now publishing in English and Yiddish at forward.com. It is an independent, reader-supported nonprofit, run by the Forward Association, and committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in coverage, staffing, and culture. Applicants need not be Jewish.