Middle School Hebrew Leave Replacement Position
Rodeph Sholom School
Start Date: March 1, 2023
Rodeph Sholom School, a Reform Jewish Day School based on the Upper West Side, fosters intellectual curiosity through a challenging independent school academic program in nursery school through 8th Grade. At the heart of Rodeph Sholom is a warm, vibrant community of educators and families, where students are guided by Jewish knowledge, values, and ethics to become self-confident and socially responsible leaders. Our mission is to develop each student’s love of learning and sense of responsibility to themselves and their community through meaningful experiences and intellectual exploration.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching middle school Hebrew, implementing the Hebrew curriculum, and have successful experience working with middle school aged children and their families. They should be adaptable, collaborative, proactive, personable and warm.
This is a replacement leave position. Additionally, working hours on Thursdays end at 5:00 PM for faculty meetings.
- ● Teach Hebrew to middle school students
- ● Work collaboratively with Hebrew department, and other teaching teams on initiatives aroundpedagogy and curriculum
- ● Serve as a middle school advisor
- ● Additional responsibilities, as neededQUALIFICATIONS
- ● Enjoys working with middle school aged children, working closely with colleagues and being involved in other aspects of school life
- ● Shows an appreciation for the craft of teaching, along with a passion for and knowledge of 5th-8th grade Hebrew
- ● Communicates with clarity both orally and in writing
- ● Has excellent interpersonal skills
- ● Strong oral and written communication skills
- ● Is kind and possesses a healthy sense of humor
- ● Demonstrates commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice
- ● Demonstrates flexibility and ability to take initiative and follow through on projects
- ● Possesses good judgment
- ● Advanced degree or equivalent experience
SALARY & BENEFITS
- ● Salary range: $55,000-85,000; commensurate with experience.
- ● Generous paid time off (e.g., sick and personal days, holidays, school breaks, summer vacation).
● All staff must be fully vaccinated, including booster shots. Proof of vaccination required at the start of employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Rodeph Sholom School encourages applications from individuals who are passionate about our mission, vision, values, and commitments and commitments as articulated here, including those from underrepresented groups in Jewish education. Rodeph Sholom School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the school not to discriminate on the basis of any category prohibited by applicable federal, New York State and/or New York City laws/regulations. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment process, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation/benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, training, working conditions, layoff, and termination.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to Marielle Clark, Middle School Assistant, at email@example.com.