Senior Manager of Corporate & Foundation Philanthropy
Please note: A resume, cover letter, and a writing sample (grant application/LOI/RFP/business development plan) are required to apply for this position.
Responsible for securing corporate and foundation funding through research, preparation and managing grant proposals and assisting with managing current and future grant-funded programs on and off the MorseLife campus in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant Writing, Research, and Strategy Design/Implementation - 60%
With direction/partnership from the Senior Director, the incumbent will assist with designing and activating a multi-year strategic foundation and corporate solicitation plan, securing annual revenue from foundations and corporations, including grants from the Federal government. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Stewards existing relationships and cultivate new connections among some of Palm Beach County’s newest philanthropic powerhouses.
· Ability to identify and solicit foundation and corporate prospects with the potential to support MorseLife at a leadership level of philanthropy ($1,000-$10,000+).
· Closely track foundation news and trends to position MorseLife to best attract investments from philanthropic foundations and corporations at the local, state, and national levels.
· Participate in the grant application process including drafting and finalizing grant proposals, letters of inquiry (LOI), and responding to requests for proposals (RFP); tracking relevant deadlines; and meeting with staff from various MorseLife departments to gather the necessary information to prepare these documents.
· Works closely with the entire MorseLife Foundation team, seen as a thought partner about trending foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
· Maintains a master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files and correspondence in a cloud-based project management system.
Grants Management - 35%
· Creates acknowledgment materials, progress reports, and facilitates grant contracts/agreements.
· Partners with the Marketing Department to ensure appropriate brand recognition in signage, website, e- newsletter, social media, etc. as appropriate.
· Maintains grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets, taking responsibility for meeting high effectiveness standards, timeliness, and completeness.
· Tracks progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals.
· Understands statistics, trends, and data for grant proposals and community advocacy.
Portfolio Management and General Development Activity - 5%
· Tracks foundation and corporate prospects, including contact methods, using MorseLife’s CRM (Salesforce), ensuring that all foundation and corporate donations/information are recorded and accomplished.
· Reports on quarterly fundraising plan progress metrics and key performance indicators based on the foundation and corporate philanthropy engagement.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education
· Bachelor's degree required in Communications, English, or related field preferred. A Master’s degree in marketing, communication, or business is a plus.
· At least 5+ years of professional experience, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in relevant roles.
· Strong relationship management skills.
· Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience, as well as superior editing skills, including the ability to convey complex information clearly to a diverse audience required.
· Familiarity and experience working with local, statewide, and national donors are desired.
· Knowledge of the non-profit/social sector and/or experience working with underserved or disadvantaged elder populations is a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Previous experience in Salesforce or comparable donor database software preferred in addition to a cloud-based project management program.