Public Programs Manager
Reports to: Director of Program Operations Hours & Location: Full Time, Bay Area
ABOUT JEWISH STUDIO PROJECT
Jewish Studio Project (JSP) cultivates creativity as a Jewish practice for spiritual connection and social transformation. JSP was founded with the understanding that each one of us is created creative and on the belief that creativity is among the best tools we have for exploring, adapting, and bringing forth new ways to thrive in our ever-changing world. Over the past seven years, JSP has become a leading resource for accessible creative exploration and spiritual connection across the country. Through public programs, immersive experiences, creative facilitator training and professional development partnerships, JSP is building a movement to activate the creative power of the Jewish community. Earlier this year, JSP rolled out a bold, inspiring and achievable strategic plan for the next three years.
Since 2015, JSP has evolved from a small startup into a leading national organization with seven full time staff, a $1.1M budget, a growing network of Facilitators, and a community of thousands of alumni and participants. We are seeking a Public Programs Manager to join our program team as we expand. As a critical member of our growing team, the Public Programs Manager will be responsible for the project management of JSP’s public program portfolio, (including recruitment, program logistics, communication, and evaluation) as well as management of JSP’s Berkeley-based studio space. This position is full-time, based in the East Bay in Northern California, and will report to JSP’s Director of Program Operations.
- Program Strategy: Collaborate as an integral part of our program team in building and implementing JSP’s dynamic program portfolio.
- Program Support: Provide end-to-end support of JSP’s public programs, including scheduling, recruitment, registration, participant communications, logistical arrangements, virtual studio (Zoom) support, liaising with guest facilitators, as well as in-person program support when relevant.
- JSP Studio: Function as the primary staff member responsible for maintaining the JSP Studio (in Berkeley, CA) in terms of operations, inventory management, mail processing, program arrangements, etc.
- Systems/Data: Manage all public program participant and partner data.
- Communications: Partner with program and communications teams on program recruitment and marketing including website updating, social media posting, etc.
- Reporting: Generate program reports for internal use and for updating JSP stakeholders.
- Evaluation: Work with the program team to design survey instruments, analyze impact and draft impact reports.
- You are a warm and gracious host to the many people who come to the JSP studio (physical and virtual). You are energized by meeting new people. You go out of your way to foster connections and genuinely want to help make someone’s day better.
- You have significant experience in project management, program delivery, retreat planning and office management.
- You have the ability to juggle multiple workstreams with optimism, enthusiasm and a rigorous attention to detail.
- You are a self starter who is curious and excited to always be learning.
- You are able to work as part of a team and also stay motivated while working independently.
- You are comfortable being direct with all members of the JSP team in order to maintain deadlines and meet program goals.
- You are familiar with anti-oppression frameworks and committed to interrogating systems of power and inequality in the world.
- Your work reflects self-awareness, groundedness and humility.
- You are proficient in Zoom and Google suite; Slack, Mailchimp and Salesforce (preferred).
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQIIA+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. JSP encourages you to break that statistic and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will conduct initial interviews in mid-late May.
- We will invite finalists for interviews in early June and make an offer shortly thereafter.
- We hope to have the selected candidate begin in July or August.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salaried, exempt position with an annualized salary range of $55K - $65K / year.
- 40 hours per week. This will not be your typical 9-5 job. Work can take place during early morning or evening hours, and occasionally, on Sunday. Depending on program and organizational needs, we are open to some creative scheduling. We are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
- 140 hours of PTO as well as 11 paid federal holidays, Jewish Holidays and a flexible schedule.
- Generous benefits, including: health, vision and dental plans; life insurance policy; and retirement savings program.
- As an essential member of our growing team, you will have plentiful leadership opportunities and the support of colleagues invested in your growth and development.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Public Programs Manager in the subject line. We encourage you to apply soon.
JSP is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates workplace diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status.