Communications & Meetings Associate
The Conference of Presidents advocates on behalf of the Jewish community around the world and is a key point of contact for communal, national and world leaders.
This valued staff member is responsible for generating and posting timely content and further developing the organization’s social media presence. They also will focus on optimizing the organization’s website content, design and functionality, and write backgrounders, talking points and other organizational materials.
This position requires excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills and the ability to research and synthesize information, to write and edit quickly and concisely. We seek candidates with political acumen and deep familiarity with US-Israel relations, outstanding professionalism, independent judgment, and discretion who can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy. We seek someone who can deftly multi-task and work simultaneously on a variety of projects. This position offers a great opportunity to interact with Jewish communal leaders representing diverse constituencies, and to deepen one’s understanding of Middle East issues and vital Jewish communal concerns.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Answers telephones, fields inquiries and responds to requests for information
- Communicates effectively and professionally with organizational leadership, staff, suppliers and callers
- Checks office voice mail daily, transcribes and email messages as necessary
- Checks organizational general email box
- Greets visitors to the office in a courteous, and respectful manner, escorts to conference room.
- Orders office supplies Retrieves mail daily from mailroom
- Sorts, opens, and routes incoming US mail, UPS/FedEx and other delivered packages to addressee
- Coordinates arrival of expected visitors and packages with lobby and 21st floor security
- Handles deliveries/messenger services to lobby and COP office
Meetings & Programs
- Handles meeting room bookings
- Manages all meeting-related logistics and follow up including onsite audio-visual equipment, room set-up, security procedures, handouts, speaker arrangements, and staff assignments
- Arranges and manages Zoom meetings and teleconferences
- Prepares and sends invitations and tracks RSVPs
- Coordinates photography of events and activities for use on website, social media, photo releases
- Orders and sets up catering for meetings
- develops integrated voice for organization’s online presence including website, Facebook, Twitter and other relevant digital media
- creates and manages organizations social media communications
- monitors progress using web analytic tools
- works with web designers to optimize and maintain website functionality, style and appearance
- coordinates, writes and edits website content, posts current organizational activities, statements and relevant articles of interest
- regularly monitors and synthesizes relevant breaking news that impacts organization’s mission
- disseminates press releases and posts on organizational website
Qualifications and experience
- excellent technical skills — experience with and/or aptitude for mastering Google Suite, MS Office Suite, EveryAction non-profit software; familiarity with updating and maintaining websites
- background knowledge of current events in Israel and the Middle East
- familiarity with Jewish community organizations and priorities
- strong writing skills
- exceptional organizational and time-management skills and a detail-oriented approach with meticulous record keeping abilities.
- ability to effectively monitor and manage several projects and priorities at all times and shift gears when priorities change in real time.
- demonstrated fluency in social media platforms and/or graphic design and/or marketing
- ability to interface with colleagues, donors, community partners and clergy with warmth, a professional demeanor, and to communicate with clarity.
- a track record as a self-starter who pursues excellence, with the maturity and self-discipline to work independently and in collaboration with a team
- an excitement for learning new skills in a fast-paced organization
- enjoy working within a small entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and results oriented
- commitment to advancing the Conference of Presidents mission
- appreciation for and experience navigating diversity within Jewish life
Benefits: paid vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, vision and retirement plans, early closing for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
About the Conference of Presidents
The proven and effective voice of organized American Jewry for more than half a century, the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations advances the interests of the American Jewish community, sustains broad-based support for Israeland addresses the critical concerns facing world Jewry. The Conference is at the forefront fighting anti-Semitism and BDS, rebuilding coalitions at home to counter extremism and divisiveness, and supporting international sanctions and other actions to counter Iran’s aggressive behavior and support for terrorism.
The Conference is the preeminent forum where diverse segments of the Jewish community come together in mutual respect to deliberate vital national and international issues. Recognizing that common interests and goals far outweigh differences, the Conference, with its 53 member national organizations, sets policy and priorities, deliberates proactive strategies and takes collective action. Maximizing community resources, expertise, and energy enables the Conference’s achievements.