Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator (contract)
Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator (contract) Since our founding in 1825, B’nai Jeshurun (BJ) has been at the forefront of the American Jewish experience. As we approach our third century, our vision is focused on the spiritual work of transformation and on the creation of a Jewish path that is authentic, profound, and helps all members of our community seek and live their purpose to the fullest.
Our spiritual leaders and our nearly 1,800 member families share a vision of a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive community that offers many paths to Jewish religious life, while supporting one another in their spiritual quests. We are committed to honoring tradition while re-imagining and innovating our practices and programs to create a vibrant, contemporary, and relevant Jewish life for all who are seeking it.
Our community is led by Rabbi Rolando Matalon, together with a senior leadership team that comprises Rabbi Felicia Sol, who oversees all programs, and Executive Director/COO Colin Weil, who oversees advancement, communications, finance and administration, and operations. BJ has a staff of approximately 40 full-time and ten part-time employees.
Our pivot to all-virtual programming during the COVID-19 pandemic expanded our reach substantially to thousands of additional individuals and families from around the country and beyond, who now regularly join us for prayer and learning. Our post-pandemic vision includes a dynamic hybrid operation where most of our offerings are available in person at our historic Upper West Side campus, as well as through various online platforms. Additionally, we are building a robust library of on-demand content for our community.
As part of the newly expanded Communications team, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is a temporary, six-month position that** **will help with day-to-day operational needs of the department as well as with a website migration project. Additionally, the person in this role may assist in building congregational emails, implementing website updates, and maintaining event registration systems.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this position will work closely with the associate director of marketing and communications, assistant manager of copy and communications, communications associates, and art director.
- Assist marketing/comms team and day-to-day operations to support communications needs of each BJ department
- Support the director of marketing and communications on projects and organizational priorities
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercising quality control on all copy, sometimes with a quick turnaround
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Creative, resourceful self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ensure internal and external content aligns with key BJ’s organizational priorities
- Define audiences and customize copy and content to those channels or groups
- Help strengthen our brand voice and presence
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in communications or marketing, preferred.
- Advanced computer proficiency required, including basic to intermediate HTML. Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, Mailchimp, G Suite, Adobe Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and Salesforce
- Granular attention to detail, grammar, and syntax
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines. Experience with Monday.com is a plus.
- Ability to adjust hours based on seasonal needs (ie. at times working evenings and weekends, and during the High Holy Days)
- Jewish knowledge is helpful but not required
Personal Qualities and Values
- High emotional intelligence and maturity
- Seeks out professional development opportunities and training
- Relational orientation and team player
- Strong business acumen
- Affinity for problem solving by collecting relevant information and applying your understanding
- Professional presentation and socially adept
- Recognizing and anticipating communications needs
- Flexibility, willingness to listen effectively, and to seek and receive feedback
- Humble confidence, openness to being mentored
- Sense of humor!
Compensation and Benefits The role will be paid a stipend of $5,000 per month for a total of 6 months. As a temporary position, six months of work is guaranteed with the possibility for extending.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “Digital Marketing and Communications Coordinator.”
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
B’nai Jeshurun (BJ), in recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our spiritual leaders and staff, congregants, and the communities within which we live and work, is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, veterans, immigrants, and LGBTQIA+ applicants.