Special Events Coordinator
YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood
At Camp Twelve Trails we are dedicated to universally shared values central to Jewish life. Our proactive integration of these values into everything we do supports children of all backgrounds and helps them grow into better people. Our warm, welcoming culture fosters a vibrant camp community where we all look out for each other and take care of the world around us. Staff are central to carrying out this vision by crafting programs that are in line with our educational outcomes, beliefs, and providing positive, enthusiastic energy every day. We expect staff above all to deliver the wow!
The Special Events Coordinator will work as part of the Program Committee to create, plan and organize all special events. This role is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating special events from start to finish which will include, purchasing, staffing, logistics, and coordination with other areas of Camp.
DUTIES PRE CAMP
- Participate in planning meetings with program team 1-2 hours per month starting in January;
- Develop curricular goals for each special event;
- Work in collaboration with Camp’s Jewish Educator to build Jewish content into the program.
- Participate in staff training sessions in May and June
- Develop a Camp Calendar with special to be reviewed by Program Director and discussed with Program Committee;
- Support Program Committee and Camp Leadership for staff and camper engagement events
DUTIES DURING CAMP
- Ensure each special event form the plan for special events is implemented in a high quality, content-rich, safe, and age-appropriate manner, and that they are all adequately staffed;
- Participate in a weekly Program Team led by Program Director;
- Manage all aspects related to the purchase of neighborhood supplies within budget;
- Provide a full end of summer evaluation of Camp’s special events with recommendations for the future;
- Work closely with tribe leaders to determine best practices for specific staff working together and working with campers who require additional support;
- Perform any other program or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor .Provide advance notice and clear communication regarding special events to Specialists and Neighborhood Coordinators. This includes:
- Creating a written plan for weekly events to disseminate to staff
- Communicating weekly event plans to families in advance;
- Attend all leadership meetings held at camp and present plans for all upcoming events
- Share information and coordinate event planning with Camp leadership in a timely manner
- Assist with post camp clean up and inventory of all program spaces
- Maintain positive working relationships with all staff
- Assist Camp Leadership with day to day tasks as needed
- $3,500 - $4,000
- Strong Organization and planning skills
- Excelling at working collaboratively with others
- Sensitivity of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
WORK AUTHORIZATION & CLEARANCE:
- Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must pass the background check and other requirements of the Department of Health (DOH)
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Janaury 2022 through May 2022: 2 hours a month for Program Meetings plus occasional special events prep time at candidate’s own convenience.
- Full-time Seasonal Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm June 26 – August 18*, including pre-summer leadership training in April and 40-45 hours of staff training in May and June.
- During the summer of 2023, Camp Twelve Trails will be closed on July 4th and July 5th.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Camp Twelve Trails’ Program Director, Sam Sullivan.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Additional functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
YM & YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.