Yahel is currently seeking a full-time Director for the Yahel Social Change
Yahel - Israel Service Learning was founded in 2009 as an educational non-profit organization that offers service and social action programs in Israel. Yahel’s mission is to train, support and inspire individuals and organizations to take part in responsible and sustainable volunteering in Israel alongside local community members. Yahel equips young people with the tools and skills to take initiative and become life-long leaders of social change.
Yahel runs short and long volunteer programs for teens, college students and post-college participants which combine hands-on volunteer work with in-depth learning and immersion in Israeli society.
Yahel is currently seeking a full-time Director for the Yahel Social Change, a nine-month service program for young adults ages 21-30. The program takes place in Lod, Haifa and Rishon LeZion and combines hands-on volunteer work with in-depth learning and immersion. For more information about the program please visit our website.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong educator who has a background in service learning and volunteering as well as experience in program design, planning, logistics, staff supervision and work with municipal partners.
The Fellowship Director will be responsible for the programmatic and educational aspects of the fellowship in all 3 cities as well as logistics, managing of the budget, managing administrative aspects of the program and collaboration with municipal and community partners. They will supervise the fellowship Assistant Director and city coordinators in Lod, Haifa and in Rishon LeZion and oversee all aspects of the program.
· Completely bi-lingual in Hebrew and English.
· Previous experience as an educator and prior experience facilitating groups.
· Understanding of community work and social change efforts.
· At least a college/university degree in Jewish education, social work, public policy, or a similarly relevant field. Master’s degree encouraged.
· Ability to offer care, support and inspiration to young adults.
· Strong ability to manage program logistics, budget, educational programming, and scheduling.
· Proven experience managing and supervising staff.
· Experience managing community partnerships on local and municipal levels, creating and fostering community collaboration.
- Oversee the execution of the fellowship educational program. This includes
a. Planning and execution of learning days, seminars, and day trips
b. Direct facilitation of sessions from the Yahel curriculum as well as creating and facilitating additional sessions based on specific interests and needs that arise throughout the program.
c. Coordination of outside speakers
Manage the program budget
Supervise Fellowship Assistant Director in their educational work with fellows and assistance with other program components.
Supervise City Coordinators and support their work with volunteer placements, community partners and fellows.
Ensure overall health and safety of participants together with City Coordinators and Assistant Director.
Manage local and municipal partnerships, create and foster community collaboration with other organizations and projects.
This is a full-time position that will start at the end of July 2022. Salary ranges between 9,000 NIS and 10,000 NIS depending on candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Dana Talmi at: firstname.lastname@example.org