Communications and Development Manager
Communications and Development Manager Role
Ta’amod: Stand Up! seeks a dynamic, innovative and self-driven individual for the full-time position of Communications and Development Manager. Ta’amod is at a critical growth moment. The Communications and Development Manager will play an integral role in developing and expanding our evolving body of work.
The Communications & Development Manager plays a critical role in raising and maintaining Ta’amod’s visibility and brand. This role also provides crucial infrastructure and systems implementation to manage our development processes and their ongoing maintenance. As Ta’amod grows, the position has the potential to grow. Our internal culture is one of flexibility, creativity, collaboration, balance and trust.
More about Ta’amod: Stand Up!
Ta’amod: Stand Up! seeks to help Jewish communal institutions and all who work, learn, or worship at them develop cultures of safety, equity and accountability. We are committed to reflecting these values in our workplace culture. A national feminist organization on the front lines of advancing equity, preventing harassment and fostering organizational wellness in the Jewish world, you will have the opportunity to engage with a growing community of thought partners, activists and leaders on a regular basis.
Ta'amod is the national go-to-address for resources and support related to safe, equitable and accountable Jewish workplaces and communal spaces. We offer organizations training through a Jewish lens as well as a robust resource bank of materials and vetted referrals. Our CEO presents and teaches in various contexts through national and local partner organizations. Ta’amod brings this work to the Jewish community with a frame of Jewish values, ethics, and an acute understanding of the dynamics of the Jewish community.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time position that can be based anywhere in the United States. Salary range is $68,000 - $72,000. Benefits include flexible paid time off including Jewish and National holidays, medical and dental insurance, FSA options, cell phone allowance, paid family leave and other opt in benefits.
*While this is a national remote position, Ta’amod is headquartered in San Diego where the CEO resides. San Diego based candidates will have access to co-working space at The Hive at Leichtag Commons.
Role and Responsibilities
The Communications and Development Associate will work closely with and report to the Ta’amod CEO.
Workflow will include, but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement communications strategies to broaden reach and visibility.
- Curate and maintain social media presence.
- Draft, design, and disseminate monthly newsletter, e-mails, etc.
- Manage and grow contact databases and CRM systems.
- Develop and oversee production of quality print and digital collateral.
- Oversee maintenance and updates to the Ta’amod website including liaising with web development consultancy.
- Continue to build/maintain the content and functionality of an online searchable resource bank.
- Actively remain informed and responsive to harassment/gender equity news, policies, and practices, through attention to ongoing media and information in the field.
- Manage and maintain grant processes, calendars and data.
- Manage individual donor stewardship including communications and timelines.
- Research prospects for new foundation and individual donor opportunities.
- Collaborate with CEO and CPO in writing grant narratives, reports and supporting materials.
- Collaborate with CEO in preparing grant budgets.
We are deeply invested in finding the best fit for our team and this role, and we recognize that the right candidate may have different qualifications from those listed below. This position could also be an opportunity for someone with experience in one of these areas to build skills in another area. If you believe you are poised to excel at this important work, we encourage you to apply!
- Excellent writing, communications, and feedback skills.
- Experience in communications and / or development including implementation of communications and / or development strategy.
- Proficiency in social media curation and utilization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, prioritize effectively, work independently and be self-directed.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in digital communications and organizing tools such as Google Suite, Salesforce, Wordpress, direct e-mail platforms, TypeForm, Canva etc.
- A commitment to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, gender justice, harassment prevention, anti-racism, and anti-discrimination work.
- A curious, open-minded, inclusive, and collaborative professional style.
- Familiarity with workplace culture issues, anti harassment / discirimination work a plus.
- Familiarity with the non profit sector a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with the Jewish communal landscape appreciated, not required.
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Communications & Development. We appreciate submission of any social media samples if available.
This is not a requirement for your application to be seriously considered.
Ta’amod is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women, Black, indigenous & people of color, queer, transgender, and gender-nonconforming individuals and people of all abilities to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, predisposing genetic characteristics, veteran or active military service member status, pregnancy, arrest or conviction record, unemployment status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.