DEVELOPOMENT OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
Sixth & I
Sixth & I seeks an energetic, highly organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as our new Development Operations Associate. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, this position plays a critical role within Sixth & I’s operations, ensuring the continued maintenance of the organization’s database as well as identifying the best practices, standard operating procedures, and appropriate technological solutions to help the fundraising team meet its annual goals. This position also supports analysis of event attendance and survey data in order to inform future organization fundraising, communications, and programming strategies.
This is a full-time position that offers a flexible schedule for remote work, but must be located in the Washington, DC area to facilitate on-site work as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process and enter gifts promptly and accurately into Raiser’s Edge NXT, the organization’s central database
- Import ticketing and event attendee information promptly and accurately
- Build data queries and export lists for initiatives across the organization
- Generate donor stewardship communications, including but not limited to gift acknowledgement, pledge reminder, and tribute letters
- Prepare weekly gift reports for accounting and financial reconciliation
- Maintain integrity of information in Raiser’s Edge, including record maintenance, database security, and system upgrades
- Build and deploy post-event surveys for Talks & Entertainment events
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase the efficiency of current operating procedures through collaboration and feedback across teams
- Prepare donor briefings for board members and leadership as needed
- Assist with execution of Development related events and donor meetings as needed (some nights or weekends may be required)
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experienced: You have 1-2 years of development operations, data entry, or related work experience within the field of non-profit fundraising
- Tech Savvy: You have experience working in with Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud or other similar constituent relationship management or donor databases strongly preferred
- Systems Oriented: You are comfortable executing repetitive processes with strong attention to detail and accuracy. You have an appetite to learn and improve systems and processes to run more efficiently.
- Organized and Efficient: You know how to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Highly Collaborative: You are comfortable working across teams and with colleagues from different departments to support the organization’s mission and programs.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Sixth & I recently developed a comprehensive pay equity philosophy. This role sits in Sixth & I’s Level 1 salary band offering a salary range starting at $45,050 with the potential to grow to $60,950 over time.
- FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- Benefits: Sixth & I has a competitive benefits package that includes Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Retirement Savings w/ Matching Program, Pre-tax Transit Benefit, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave and more. In addition to regular vacation time and summer Fridays, our office is closed the week of July 4th and between Christmas and New Year’s, as well as for select Jewish holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis with a deadline of Friday, February 10. No phone calls or emails please. Candidates will be contacted if there is an opportunity to be interviewed by Friday, February 17. The anticipated new hire for this position will start by April 1.
Sixth & I is an equal employment opportunity employer. Systemic inequities in hiring have caused many women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don’t have all of the qualifications listed but are extremely organized, passionate about our mission, and believe you have applicable and transferable skills from other industries, we encourage you to apply for this job.