Assistant Teacher/Administrative Assistant, SINAI Shalem@Ma'ayanot
Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 6-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage. We teach our students skills that promote success in mainstream academic, social and vocational settings, and empower them to become productive and confident members of the community. Each of SINAI’s schools is integrated within a regular education partner Jewish Elementary or High School, creating an inclusion experience that is personalized for every single child.
SINAI’s Karasick Shalem High School at Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School for Girls in Teaneck, NJ, offers a functional academic program for young women ages 14-21. Our curriculum provides students with the critical skills they will need most as adults and participating members of the Jewish community.
SINAI Schools at Ma’ayanot is seeking a highly motivated Assistant
Teacher/Administrative Assistant to work with both General and Judaic Studies faculty for the 2022-23 year, teaching young women with special needs in a collaborative and supportive setting. The individual should bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with children as well as some administrative experience within a Jewish Day School setting.
- Assisting general and Judaic studies teacher in the classroom for students with special needs
- Providing academic support and guidance to students as needed
- Managing/maintaining the office supplies and materials
- Directing calls/emails to the appropriate party
- Coordinating appointments and meetings between administrators and with parents
- Managing daily attendance and organizing/coordinating busing for students
- Providing overall administrative support and tasks on behalf of the school as needed
- 3-5 years teaching experience in a special education setting
- Knowledge of Orthodox Judaism a plus
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified women and minorities encouraged to apply; EEO