Maternity Leave: Speech Therapist, Irving Montak SINAI School@SAR Academy
Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 5-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage. We teach our students skills that promote success in mainstream academic, social and vocational settings, and empower them to become productive and confident members of the community. Each of SINAI’s schools is integrated within a regular education partner Jewish Elementary or High School, creating an inclusion experience that is personalized for every single child.
SINAI Schools is seeking a part-time speech therapist for students in grades K-3 four days a week beginning Nov. 21, 2022, for approximately three months to teach children with special needs at our Irving Montak SINAI School at SAR Academy in Riverdale, NY. Hours are Monday and Wednesday, 8:30-4; Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30-11. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Speech Therapy and will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with children with special needs and can work with individuals of different ages and abilities.
- Use speech therapy techniques to address the speech and language deficits of students with special needs in grades K-3.
- Meet with students individually as well as in groups.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify social/emotional skills and strategies to be targeted in sessions and generalized throughout the day.
- Board Certification in Speech Therapy (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience, preferably within a special education setting
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply; EEO.