General Studies Special Education Teacher, SINAI Shalem@Heichal HaTorah
Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 6-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage.
SINAI’s Karasick Shalem High School at Heichal HaTorah in Teaneck, NJ, offers a functional academic program for young men ages 18-21. Our curriculum provides students with the critical skills they will need most as adults, with a strong emphasis on life skills and vocational training.
SINAI Schools at Heichal HaTorah is seeking a highly motivated General Studies teacher for the 2022-23 year to teach young men with special needs. The ideal candidate will have a Masters in Special Education and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to working with young adults with learning disabilities.
- Teaching Special Education General Studies to young men with special needs
- Teaching a variety of functional academics and life skills based on each student’s specific requirements
- Providing on-site vocational training and assistance to students as needed
- Collaborating with co-educators and parents to facilitate the most productive environment possible for each individual’s learning needs
- Masters in Special Education (required)
- 3-5 years teaching experience, preferably within a special education setting with young adults
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Qualified minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply; EEO.