Shalom Task Force seeks to combat and prevent domestic violence in the Jewish community, to help those that may not have access to traditional services and need culturally sensitive programming.
The Legal Department of Shalom Task Force, provides trauma-informed, confidential, free legal services to victim-survivors of domestic abuse in the Jewish community in the areas of matrimonial, family and immigration law. Lawyers empower victim-survivors through comprehensive, culturally responsive, compassionate, and effective legal assistance. The Legal Department provides ongoing case consultation, full representation and extensive safety planning and referrals for social services, mental health services and other legal services. Attorneys also assist clients through the religious court system.
Shalom Task Force seeks a full-time paralegal/ victim-advocate who is passionate, resourceful, and compassionate to join our fast-paced practice.
- Caller screening and intake;
- Comprehensive safety planning;
- Advocacy (public benefits, mental health, legal);
- Assisting with grant reporting on the Federal, State and local levels;
- Working collaboratively with project attorneys to provide legal support work including filing, researching, and drafting documents;
- Administrative tasks;
- Managing case files in Salesforce database;
- Supporting technological and administrative needs of the project;
- Communication and collaboration with personnel from a variety of institutions, including the courts, police, and administrative or government agencies;
- Representing STF at task forces and coalitions.
Qualifications and skills include:
- Minimum bachelor's degree;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines under pressure;
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Knowledge of tech platforms such as SalesForce a plus
- Analytical problem-solving skills;
· Fluency in a second language, particularly Russian, Hebrew, and/or Farsi is a plus.
We are currently working on a hybrid schedule and require at least two days per week in the office. Salary range is between $47,000.00 – $52,000.00 commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference Paralegal/ Victim-Advocate Applicant** **in the subject line. Please indicate where you found this job listing.
Shalom Task Force is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBT people, and people over the age of 40 or_ _any other protected status under federal, state, or local law are strongly encouraged to apply.