Member Engagement/Development Director
Member Engagement/Development Director Peninsula Temple Beth El (PTBE) San Mateo, CA
Peninsula Temple Beth El (PTBE), a 750 family Reform Jewish congregation located in San Mateo, CA is seeking a full-time Member Engagement and Development Director. The dual portfolio will be split 75% engagement/25% development responsibilities. The Member Engagement Director will report to the Executive Director, and will work closely with clergy, lay leadership, and staff team.
The Director will lead PTBE's vision to invigorate engagement in order to deepen connection and belonging for our congregants, and ensure the long-term vitality of our congregation.
The position requires creativity and leadership ability and is an exciting opportunity to both develop new initiatives and enhance existing programs.
The engagement portfolio will include creating and implementing strategies for:
· Enriching member experiences across ages and stages, in small groups and for the community at large
· Creating a “culture of belonging”: a temple community that fosters deep relationships, and in which all people are seen, valued, recognized and engaged.
· Developing an environment that is welcoming to new members, and results in greater inclusion for people of diverse backgrounds.
The development portfolio will include:
· Partnering with professional and lay leadership to implement fundraising activities to support the congregation’s financial vitality
· Supporting senior leadership in creating a culture of philanthropy, including implementation of development training for trustees
· Managing annual campaign, including: supporting campaign chairs, developing communication strategy, creating project timeline, tracking solicitation assignments and guiding solicitors to ensure success
· Participating in donor cultivation and stewardship to deepen relationships
· Ensuring recognition of donors
CORE COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5 - 8 years relevant working experience
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to set priorities, work independently, follow through on programs and projects, and adapt to changing situations
· Capacity for flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends as necessary
- Proven track record of developing, coordinating, facilitating, implementing, leading engagement programs and/or development campaigns, preferably in a Jewish communal setting
· Ability to make connections and demonstrated ease working across diverse constituencies and demographics
· Cultural competency in Jewish community, values and practices
· Experience launching and organizing a Small Group Strategy is a plus!
- Passionate about community engagement
Salary $120 - $125K, commensurate with experience.
Excellent benefits — medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays
Job Type: Full-time, in person (on site and in the field)
TO APPLY Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to Kate Lauzar, Executive Director, at KLauzar@ptbe.org. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.