Assistant Aquatics Manager
The Assistant Aquatics Manager under the supervision of the Aquatics Manager, will provide leadership and supervision of the swim school and operations of the department, ensuring that high quality, safe and well-organized programs are being offered and all aspects of the pool operations are conducted in a professional manner. The Assistant Aquatics Manager manages a team of 50 lifeguards and swim instructors and is instrumental in running our year-round swim school program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervision and responsibility for all aspects of the swim program
- Accessibility to parents and participants during swim lessons
- Hiring, training and scheduling of swim instructors, lifeguards and office staff
- MOD Shifts as assigned by Department Supervisor
- Fills in at Aquatics Registration Desk as needed
- Lifeguards and Teaches Swim Lessons as needed
- Assist Manager in developing new programs and updating current programs
- Maintain a positive and professional image at all times
- Serve as Manager of the pools and staff in absence of the Aquatics Manager.
- On-call during all operating hours for aquatic emergencies
This position directly manages lifeguards and swim instructors.
This is a full-time hourly position. Monday-Wednesday 12pm-8pm and Sat/Sun 8am-4pm. Some holiday work may be required.