Director of Camp, Youth and Family Programs
The Peninsula Jewish Community Center is in search of a Director of Camp, Youth and Family Programs to lead our Youth Department and set the vision and direction for all youth programs and will oversee all operations of the department. The Director of Camp, Youth and Family Programs serves as the Camp Director and manages, Camp Keff, our summer and seasonal camp program for youth in Grades K – 12 and oversees the management of the Treehouse @ the J afterschool program and other youth programming throughout the year. This position will work collaboratively with youth, parents, volunteers, PJCC staff, and other Jewish and civic agencies to provide, enhance, and expand opportunities for youth at the PJCC. The Director of Camp, Youth and Family Programs works to ensure that programs and activities are effective in carrying out the mission of the PJCC as well as the philosophy of the Youth Department at the highest level.
- A strong leader, with the ability to collaborate and provide direction to staff and build connections with children and families
- Significant experience in camp, school or recreational programming, including designing youth programming and knowledge of youth development
- An outstanding communicator with strong written and oral communication skills, including group presentation skills
- Organized and detail-oriented. Able to provide direction to staff in a clear and organized manner and navigate competing priorities
- Kind, patient, and dedicated to serving children of all ages and abilities
This position will be responsible for:
- Program Management
- Staff Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Parent Communication and Education
- Professional Development of Self and Others
- Other miscellaneous duties, as assigned
This is a full-time position; Monday through Friday, with weekend and night events, as required.