Director of Social Services
Wendy & Avron B. Fogelman Jewish Family Service at the Memphis Jewish Community Center 6560 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee 38138
· Memphis Jewish Community Center C.E.O.
Provides Supervision to all Departmental Staff:
· Senior Services Manager
· Senior Services Program Assistant
· Special Needs Coordinator
· Counseling Staff (1.5 FTE)
· Intake and Volunteer Coordinator
· Senior Transportation Driver
· Full-time; Salaried; Exempt
· Responsible for creating, developing and implementing programs and services of the Fogelman Jewish Family Service social service department at the MJCC.
· Oversight of senior social services to include senior case management, senior transportation, volunteer chore and handyman services, senior meals, friendly visitors program, telephone assurance program, and Jewish end of life partnerships.
· Oversight of special needs social services and programming to include support groups for families, social programming and advocacy.
· Oversight of a general counseling program for limited clients, support groups as and where appropriate, and a strong counseling referral base with community partners.
· Oversight of strong information/intake/referral program.
· Oversight of strong volunteer base.
· Supervision of all departmental staff.
· Direct and administer emergency assistance funds for those in need.
· Responsible for strong community outreach both within the Jewish community as well as in the broader community.
· Develop strategic partnerships and relationships with other social service providers in the community.
· Work closely with department staff on creating appropriate and engaging educational programs and community outreach initiatives.
· Serve as a member of the MJCC management team.
· Provide staff support to the Jewish Family Services Operations Committee.
- Work cooperatively with other departments and staff on collaborative programming and service delivery where appropriate.
· Work with lay leaders and volunteers to develop and recommend policies, rules and fee structure as appropriate. Develop and recruit new committee members and volunteers where appropriate.
· Work closely with MJCC CFO to prepare and monitor departmental budget.
· Work with MJCC Marketing Department regarding publicity, public relations and marketing plans for Jewish Family Services department.
· Work with MJCC Development Director as needed/requested regarding departmental funding opportunities and resources.
· Provide and encourage outstanding client service.
· Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every client and participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
· “Overflow” client management as and where appropriate.
· Other reasonable duties as assigned by and mutually agreed upon with the MJCC C.E.O.
- LCSW or LCP.
- 8-10 years of related work experience in a non-profit social services agency with prior supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and values.
- Budget and committee experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new and/or expanded services.
- Dynamic and innovative with strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills relating to adults and children.
- Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required.
Send letters of inquiry and resumes to: Rhonda White, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org