Middle School Humanities & Jewish History Teacher
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative teacher to join our Middle School Humanities team. Essential duties include: (1) planning and preparation of materials, classroom instruction with an eye towards differentiated and progressive practices with ongoing student assessment and feedback; (2) regular communication with parents (3) active participation in curriculum development, pedagogy, and best practices.
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org), we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Our two campuses serve 300 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated Jewish day school education in a progressive environment. Our students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue. At Luria, we focus on the whole child; as such, our educators develop learning experiences that support and challenge each student. We track student progress using standards based assessment and grading practices.
Successful candidates will possess a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, self-motivation, curiosity and openness to new ideas, excellent oral and written communication skills, and comfort in a school setting where children’s learning and experiences are central to educational decisions.
● Teach a combination of middle school English Language Arts and history (both American and Jewish history)
● Teach civics and guide open and respectful conversations about current events
● Teach reading, writing, and research skills
● Collaborate with a team of teachers
● Positively manage classroom routines and behaviors
● Communicate effectively with families
● Master’s Degree preferred
● Training or experience in Special Education preferred
● Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
● Strong pedagogical skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Innovative and dynamic educator
Please send a resume and cover letterthat outlines your experience and interest in joining the Luria community to: Dr. Jennifer Davids, Upper School Director of Teaching and Learning, firstname.lastname@example.org