Kings Bay YM-YWHA ( www.kingsbayy.org), a prominent non-profit organization located in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, is looking for an Accounting Associate to join our team. This position will report directly to our CFO.
· Reconcile customer receipt transactions to bank deposits daily
· Process credit card transactions – gather credit card receipts & supporting documentation, follow up with credit cardholders
· Enter Accounts Receivable transactions and applies for payments in the accounting system
· Code invoices following established practices and accounting principles and enters into accounting system
· Enter bank transfers into the accounting system
· Make bank deposits
· Copy/Scan documents, maintain files and other accounting documentation
· Gather supporting documentation for audits
Enter and submit weekly food and voucher reimbursement reports/ updates work with staff and vendors.
· Assist with other accounting department and office tasks and projects as needed
Collect and reconcile payments / follow up on various deadlines
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of SAGEMIP Fund Accounting Software and ADP
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· At least one year of relevant accounting and/or bookkeeping experience.
Some college credits are preferred
To apply please email your resume to
Kings Bay YM-YWHA is an equal opportunity employer. Kings Bay YM-YWHA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service.