Jewish Philanthropies of Southern Arizona (JPSA) seeks a dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial fundraising professional for the role of Development Officer. The Development Officer will focus their time soliciting and stewarding donors in targeted constituencies with an eye towards growth of the annual campaign, endowment, and overall revenue streams of JPSA.
The Development Officer is a key member of JPSA’s development team. A full-time, professional exempt position, this role will include occasional weekend or evening work as needed for events or meetings.
JPSA is the result of the consolidation of the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona and the Jewish Community Foundation of Southern Arizona. JPSA partners with organizations, families, and individuals to foster and enhance community and respond to those in need – enriching Southern Arizona, the Jewish people, and the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manage, prospect, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of donors and prospects, securing contributions through face-to-face solicitations.
• Focus time on priority areas such as young leadership, women’s philanthropy, corporate sponsorship, and/or business & professionals.
• Work to develop volunteer leadership.
o Recruit, train, and manage volunteer fundraisers.
o Identify, recruit, educate, and motivate individuals to participate in organizational activities and fundraising initiatives.
• Generate and maintain interaction reports and records of donor activity.
• Conduct prospect research.
• Coordinate special projects and additional tasks as required by development department needs.
• Plan, recruit for, and execute various events and programs, in partnership with the Event Planner.
• Assist with budget preparation and monitoring as relevant.
• Demonstrated relationship building and people skills. A sophisticated and diplomatic personality who can collaborate comfortably with people of influence and affluence is essential.
• The emotional intelligence, maturity, and sound judgement necessary for interacting with donors, volunteers, board members and staff.
• The ability to secure new donors and funders via face-to-face solicitation.
• Knowledgeable about the Jewish community, culture, and practices. Passion for the JPSA mission and its work to sustain the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry.
• Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team.
• Strong written and oral communications skills. Comfort with public speaking.
• Enthusiastic attitude, eager to meet challenges, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Knowledge of and a manifest desire to continue learning fundraising best practices including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in an active fundraising or related role with experience successfully soliciting four-figure donations or more.
• Previous experience working or engaged in the Jewish community preferred.
• Knowledge of CRM databases a plus.
• Ability to work evenings and Sundays as needed for donor meetings and events.
• A valid Arizona driver's license and reliable transportation must be maintained throughout employment.