Director, Planned Giving & Campaign
DEPARTMENT: Planned Giving & Endowment / Campaign
REPORTS TO: Chief Strategy Officer
Position Type: Full Time
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Are you a warm, welcoming, self-starter who is excited about and understands the importance of participating in the Jewish community? The Director, Planned Giving & Campaign will work closely with Jewish Nevada staff and volunteers. In this role, you will oversee projects and community events that further LIFE & LEGACYTM, planned giving, Annual Campaign, and donor engagement; facilitate deeper connections to the community; manage related committee processes; related stewardship and fundraising for Jewish Nevada, and ensure ongoing communication and relationships with partner community organizations.
What You Will Own:
LIFE & LEGACY, PJ Library Endowment, Planned Giving & Stewardship (75%)
LIFE & LEGACY is a 4-year partnership program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF) that assists communities across North America, through partnerships with Jewish Federations and Foundations to promote after-lifetime giving to benefit local Jewish day schools, synagogues, social service organizations, and other Jewish entities. Through training, support and monetary incentives LIFE & LEGACY motivates Jewish organizations to secure legacy gifts, steward donors, and integrate legacy giving into the philanthropic culture of the Jewish community. The position coordinates the implementation of the initiative with the local participating organizations and leads the efforts of Jewish Nevada as a participating organization.
PJ Library Endowment Program is a 2-year partnership program with the Harold Grinspoon Foundation launching in 2022. The Director, Planned Giving & Campaign will be responsible for securing letters of intent and assisting with the formalization process. The position will also serve as the liaison between Jewish Nevada and the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
In collaboration with Campaign and other related Jewish Nevada departments, the Director, Planned Giving & Campaign is responsible for growing the planned giving pipeline by stewarding donors and identifying new prospects; expanding and strengthening the planned giving program; and offering support and education to the community and Jewish Nevada team.
Events & Campaign (25%)
In collaboration with Campaign and other related Jewish Nevada departments, the Director, Planned Giving & Campaign will lead special campaigns, initiatives, and community and development events to raise money and engage donors and prospects.
What You Will Do:
· Work with leadership to develop Planning Giving program vision & strategic plan.
· Act as a planned giving resource and representative to the team and offer basic education on planned giving vehicles. Empower the team to identify prospects, craft customized asks, close complex gifts, steward, and retain planned giving commitments.
· Create fundraising plans with colleagues, key stakeholders, and volunteers that maximize participation and impact.
· Manage ongoing donor cultivation and stewardship by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding targeted program donors, creatively communicating with stakeholders in ways that build their enthusiasm for Federation’s collective work, and securing additional planned giving commitments.
· Manage a portfolio of identified planned giving donors with a custom cultivation and stewardship strategy for each. Provide high-level engagement to preserve their planned giving commitment.
· Identify new donors and funding sources both within the Jewish community and develop strategies to engage them.
· Create/develop comprehensive marketing and communication tools about targeted programs’ mission, vision, goals, and services.
· Build personal and trusted relationships with donors, volunteer leaders, stakeholders, professionals, key community members, and clergy.
· Meet regularly with your committees and other JN committees to further the work of the organization.
· Attend all Jewish Nevada meetings and events as required.
· Ensure JN/JCC hit their metric goals for the LIFE & LEGACY and PJ Library Endowment programs
· Provide support, mentorship, and coaching to all LEGACY organizations in cohorts 1 and 2 to help them reach their metric goals for the program.
· Periodic policy review for program functions and policy or agreement creation/updating as needed.
· LIFE & LEGACY training for cohort 2 including updating all presentations and training materials.
· Regular donor base analysis to determine potential legacy donors.
· Provide estate planning resources to both donors and partner organizations.
· Maintain community reports to be submitted to HGF quarterly and submit for related program grants annually.
· Budget reconciliation and creation.
· Provide support to other Federation programs as needed.
What You Have Accomplished:
· 2-5 years of professional experience, fundraising, or Jewish communal work preferred.
· Experience with marketing, social media, and networking. Can strategically network and build partnerships with community organizations, donors, and volunteers.
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality across all areas.
· Ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner are essential.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
· Must be willing to work nights and occasional weekends.
What You’ll Receive:
· Flexible, hybrid work environment. Friday team Shabbats. Working with a great team of dedicated professionals who support one another. 92% Leading Edge Engagement score.
· A competitive salary in the Las Vegas nonprofit marketplace, hiring range $52,000-$57,000.
· Dental, eye, and health insurance plans offered. Aflac supplemental insurance plans are available. An employer covered Short and Long-term disability. 403B Retirement plan with match.
· Generous PTO policy.
· Mentorship/coaching on an ongoing basis and opportunities for professional development and related travel.