Program Engagement Associate
Jewish Heritage Programs (JHP)
Jewish Heritage Programs (JHP) has been a leader in peer-to-peer campus programming for thirty years. JHP inspires students to participate in activities that celebrate Jewish pride and tradition. We help young people understand their ability to positively impact the world. JHP programming is based on four pillars: Social Engagement, Mentoring, Community Service, and Judaic Content/Enrichment. JHP was founded in 1993 at the University of Pennsylvania and maintains active chapters on 6 other campuses across the U.S.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Coordinator will serve as a core member of the staff serving undergraduate students at the University of Pennsylvania. The Program Coordinator will be a thought partner to the Executive Director and the entire team regarding undergraduate programming. The PRogram Coordinator will be the lead staff to implement programs on Penn’s campus that advance JHP’s goals of providing meaningful opportunities for Jewish engagement, identifying and cultivating emerging student leaders, and growing JHP’s presence on campus. In the process, the Program Coordinator will have a chance to deepen their own Jewish experience and connections.
JHP is seeking a rising leader with strong talent for coordinating and integrating the many moving parts of on-campus programs. You will drive JHP forward by thinking big and implementing programming with excellence on a day-to-day basis.
JHP at Penn has a strong core of student leaders and a wide reach across Penn’s campus. The Program Coordinator will leverage and strengthen this network with meaningful, enjoyable, and exciting opportunities.
JHP also maintains an impressive roster of alumni who support JHP’s programs, primarily through mentoring. The Progrram Coordinator will have the opportunity to further develop these alumni relationships and have access to professionals working at the top of their fields.
The position is located in Philadelphia, PA. JHP’s main office is in the University City neighborhood of Philadelphia, adjacent to the University of Pennsylvania. The Program Coordinator will be expected to be on-site, in-person for weekly meetings and events. Some evenings and weekends will be required as programming dictates.
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work and/or study, utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them.
- Coordinate the Penn student board and ensure they are fulfilling their leadership responsibilities.
- Engage, empower, and mentor our student leadership team as they plan initiatives and creatively engage their peers.
- Work with JHP staff and student leaders to plan, market, and execute the yearly calendar of engagement opportunities.
- Manage meetings and events from start to finish, including coordinating food and supplies and staying within budget.
- Oversee and coordinate our Israel engagement programs.
- Lead recruitment efforts for and staff a yearly Birthright trip to Israel.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to build rapport and develop meaningful connections with a wide variety of students.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with a meticulous attention to detail and a team-oriented approach.
- High level of maturity and personal integrity.
- Ability to manage projects from conception to completion.
- Creative thinker who can collaborate and strategize plans to engage students and alumni.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 0-2 years professional work experience (new grads welcome!).
- Logistical skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Confidence initiating and running programs, and comfort asking questions.
- Passion for Judaism and Israel.
- Knowledge of Jewish community, culture, heritage, and traditions.
- JHP is an independent organization but works closely with Chabad houses. Must be comfortable working with Chabad.
For more information and to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter detailing your qualifications, in confidence, to: email@example.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.