Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming, inspiring and saving lives in the Palm Beaches and 70 countries around the world. Each year, Jewish Federation inspires thousands of community members to contribute, volunteer and participate in programs that generate nearly $30 million to leading a powerful impact in the community.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for researching, writing, fact checking, editing and proofreading written communications for the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County. In consultation and collaboration with Marketing, Development Services and FRD teams, the Communications Specialist supports Federation’s mission by ensuring consistent messaging in direct response marketing and donor stewardship communications, as well as other institutional and program specific communications priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works closely with creative team to maintain and continually reinforce Federation’s messaging, brand and voice.
· Develops compelling and persuasive fundraising appeal copywriting deployed through direct mail, email, telemarketing and various digital channels.
· Writes, edits, proofreads and serves as internal consultant for program and event materials including event invitations, leadership event remarks, print collateral, outreach communications, and web/digital updates.
· Utilizes communications expertise to implement short, succinct, compelling work product that reflects the personality of the organization and leverages impact data, program and partner information, and donor and beneficiary stories.
· Obtains content for writing assignments through consistent interaction with staff and lay leaders as well as agencies, synagogues, and other constituencies, and translate it into clear, brief, and powerful messaging that resonates with target audiences.
· Works closely with the CEO and other senior managers to produce custom acknowledgments, correspondence and other critical major donor communications as needed.
· Works with VP, Marketing and Director, Communications to promote Mosaic, Federation’s magazine-style television show, including advertising, e-News articles and social media posts.
· Works with VP, Marketing and Community Campaign Analyst to write direct response letters, acknowledgements and correspondence for _Mosaic_underwriters and guests.
· Adapts messaging across multiple platforms, including print, online and video, as well as advertising copy, email blasts, marketing collateral and social media platforms.
· Supports strategic marketing plans pertaining to public relations, communications, advertising, and social media.
· Interprets projects briefs to understand project requirements and collaborate with designers, project coordinator and other professionals on marketing projects.
· Supports the marketing team’s commitment to customer service, helping to uphold reputation of marketing department as a problem solver, strategic thinker and collaborative partner.
· Works with SVP, External Affairs and VP, Marketing to write communications related to emergency situations, corporate sponsorships and special projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Three or more years’ writing sales/marketing copy for an advertising or marketing agency or working as a copywriter in a dynamic product or service marketing organization or equivalent combination of relevant education, experience and skills required.
· Outstanding written and oral communications skills; editing and proofreading a must.
· Strong knowledge of basic office computing, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom and basic database skills required.
· Strong knowledge of AP writing-style.
· Strong organizational skills required.
· Ability to blend technical writing skills with a familial, conversational tone, voice and personality and to adapt writing style to target audience.
· Ability to thrive in a professional, fast-paced, and team-oriented work environment while comfortable working independently as needed.
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and operate effectively in a culture of rapid change.
· Demonstrate ability to think strategically, solve problems, use sound judgement and make decisions and recommendations.
· Creative, passionate and curious thinker.
· Desire to contribute in a meaningful way to a growing and thriving non-profit business.
· Ability to infuse Jewish culture, values, traditions, and history, particularly relating to Israel, into his/her work.
· Must be able to pass Level 1 background check.
· Must be able to work off-shift hours including nights and weekends, as needed.
Position is eligible to work from home in accordance with Federation policies. When working from home, employee must:
· Follow all Federation policies and procedures,
· Be available to other employees during Federation’s normal business hours,
· Not work from a public place (e.g. coffee shop, library, etc.) and/or join a public, unsecure wi-fi network when working with sensitive or confidential information,
· Coordinate with IT department to maintain appropriate computer equipment and connectivity.
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.