Director, Marketing & Communications
Jewish Federation of Orange County (CA)
Help us build a more perfect world.
Jewish Federation of Orange County (JFedOC) is seeking a seasoned professional to support organizational growth. The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for driving our brand through marketing and communications. Your creative leadership will be required to create compelling stories that share our mission and impact. You can learn more about Federation at JewishOC.org.
We are looking for someone who can be hands-on in developing content that tells our story effectively. Once here you will beasked to work on or consult on a wide range of projects (including, but not limited to):
· Designing and executing the marketing strategy, calendar, and deliverables. You’ll create, implement, and measure marketing and communications campaigns and projects that maximize the organization’s image within the community, increase awareness of the mission, raise funds, and promote events and initiatives.
· Developing and maintaining organizational brand identity and program specific brand identities. On a daily basis you’ll be called on to oversee, ideate, and conceptualize in partnership with the team all print and online content - including website, email marketing, social media, newsletters, articles, and print materials - in support of the organization’s goals and initiatives while highlighting the case for giving.
· Graphic design/layout for social media, print media, and website. You’ll drive content creation by writing, designing, and publishing marketing materials for all platforms of communication. Along the way, you will support team members and lay leadership with content editing and design.
· Public relations activities and maintaining press relationships. You will establish and hold media relationships and promote media coverage for major events, programs or community rapid response.
Your experience and mindset: You like to be hands-on and can manage all aspects of the design process from idea to publication.
· You are detail oriented, curious about why users participate in programs, and want to design marketing materials that compel participation in JFedOC.
· Messaging matters to you; you want people to stop scrolling your social media long enough to think…that’s cool.
· You have a track record of work excellence that has been painstakingly developed over the last 3-5 years.
· You have excellent interpersonal skills, are an effective communicator verbally and in writing, and can pivot between operating as part of a team and operating independently with minimal supervision.
· You are laser focused and work at a fast pace when it comes to solving problems and can achieve multiple tasks at once in order to effectively meet deadlines.
· You have or are willing to develop familiarity with the organized Jewish community, both locally and nationally, and the Federation system.
· You believe in the mission and vision of JFedOC to strengthen community and you desire to participate in our programs and events.
What does it mean to be part of the JFedOC team?
We are a small team driven by intellectual curiosity that wants to build a more perfect world. We take the work seriously because we believe what we do is existential to the Jewish future. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, because we believe laughter is an essential component of a great work culture. Beyond caring co-workers and friendship, we offer a generous and comprehensive employee benefits package.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based at the Federation offices in Irvine, California, with option for hybrid work.