Jewish Community Services Provider
Jewish Federation of Northwest Indiana
The Jewish Federation is looking for a part-time or on-call Community Services Provider. This position is open to direct-hire candidates and contractors. The ideal candidate should be committed to working with individuals in our community to address social service and mental health needs. JCS Director reports to the Executive Director and works in coordination with the JCS Committee.
· Responsible for meeting with community members to perform intake and assessment of needs.
· Provide short-term situational counseling
· Provide resources and referrals for services through partners and outside agencies when appropriate
· Coordinate and Lead community support groups such as the Grief Group
· Perform occasional home and hospital visits for community members
· Work with Executive Director and Administrative Associate to coordinate additional services and update client records.
· A bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus on mental health or social service
· 3+ years of relevant experience
· A background in situational and grief counseling
· Knowledgeable of HIPPA privacy laws and client confidentiality
· A general understanding of Jewish culture and observances.
· Experience working in Jewish communities in a social service setting / or extended involvement in the Jewish community through affiliation or volunteerism