Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ
Job Title: Development Officer
Salary Range: $65K-$75K
The Development Officer is a key member of the Campaign Department and is responsible for the growth of the more than $28 million total dollars raised for the Annual Campaign of Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ and support of internal Campaign Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Forge relationships with donors, strengthen current relationships, and solicit gifts.
- Review daily reports to thank and connect with new donors or donors who have made a noticeable increase.
- Coordinate with the Director of Campaign Strategy and Operations to develop and execute plans for new donor recognition, acknowledgment, and retention strategies.
- Be curious and look for opportunities to engage people in different segments of our community, recapture donors we may have lost, etc.
- Identify donors to attend events who are capable of increased gifts.
- Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation meetings, and work with appropriate lay leaders to strategize and manage their cultivation and solicitation of targeted donors.
- Maintain existing fundraising recordkeeping procedures to record interactions with existing and new donors and to ensure gifts are acknowledged and recorded.
- Attend meetings, events, and conferences within Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ and at outside agencies/organizations as are deemed appropriate to the furtherance of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the Greater MetroWest community and the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ mission.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, oral and written.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Team player
- Sense of curiosity and wanting to try new things in order to benefit the campaign and the overall organization
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with fundraising staff, volunteer leaders, and volunteer cultivators/solicitors.
- Understanding of/experience in the Federation is useful but is not essential.
- A college degree, with a preference for a master’s degree.
- Effective interactions with all levels of volunteers, donors, and staff
- Personable, energetic, self-starting nature
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good organization, technology, and computer skills
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover with salary history to email@example.com, reference Development