Chief Advancement Officer
Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
Chief Advancement Officer
Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas Dallas, Texas, United States (Hybrid)
Overview and History: For over 100 years, The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas (JFGD) has provided sustaining financial support to the programs and services that impact Jewish life in Dallas, Israel and overseas. Funding over 85 agencies, JFGD is the largest Jewish philanthropic umbrella in the fastest growing Jewish community in the United States. As the federation enters a new era of leadership, and philanthropic opportunity, JFGD seeks an entrepreneurial, strategic, and proven philanthropic leader as its Chief Advancement Officer.
The CAO’s 3 main responsibilities are: to increase JFGD’s $11M campaign and philanthropic achievements utilizing focused and systemic donor-centric approaches; to ensure JFGD’s brand recognition and resonance, and to drive both donor base and revenue growth. Supervising the Development and Marketing departments (a team of 15 with 6 direct reports), the CAO will set a dynamic campaign pace, and provide guidance and partnership to lay leaders, and the CEO.
The successful candidate will possess professional maturity, flexibility and the ability to build productive relationships. The CAO will serve as the lead fundraiser and team leader, securing philanthropic support in a complex and emerging environment, and will inspire confidence from internal and external constituencies.
Key Responsibilities: • Create and implement a strategic operating plan for integrated resource development, including planned giving, supplemental giving, corporate sponsorship, events, donor services, annual community campaign and marketing
• Drive fundraising for the organization and serve as a motivational force in fundraising efforts to grow the annual campaign and all fundraising initiatives
• Provide strategic partnership to the President and CEO, providing consultation on all philanthropy related issues
• Actively participate in the campaign as a solicitor, identifying, cultivating and stewarding new and current donors in partnership with the CEO and lay leadership
• Mentor, coach and supervise 6 direct reports; provide leadership, clarity and encourage professional excellence
• Oversee marketing strategy across all formats to ensure consistent messaging, branding and successful campaign connection
• Lead an integrated marketing platform to foster and increase stewardship, investment and engagement
• Partner with the CEO to ensure lay leaders are engaged by their association with JFGD
• Build and grow relationships with Boards and Committees, partnering with lay leadership and staff
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
• 8+ years of non-profit experience
• Sophisticated understanding of the relationship between philanthropy, marketing and donor-centric engagement
• Proven record of setting and achieving strategic objectives
• Ability to build relationships, inspire confidence, and work closely with lay leaders and staff
• Proven management, team building, coaching, and leadership skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset and change management experience
• Varied solicitation, donor cultivation and stewardship experience
• Strong attention to detail; able to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities with discretion.
• Tech-savvy, with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, and MS Office skills
• Budgeting, data management and analysis acumen • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and public speaking)
• Authentic personal connection to the Jewish community, issues of Jewish life, Israel and familiarity with Jewish calendar and lifecycle
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas offers generous paid time off, paid time off for both national holidays and Jewish holidays, and a choice of 8 healthcare plans including HSA and Dependent Care HSA options.
We offer a hybrid work schedule, as well as early closing at 3 PM on Fridays year round.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Business Development - Sales