Vice President, Annual Campaign
The Vice President, Annual Campaign will report to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and be responsible for leading a strong team of development professionals focused on the day to day work of the annual campaign. They will have a strong background in the cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of existing donors and identifying new prospects.Additionally, they will have extensive supervisory, coaching and mentoring experience. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the work of the Jewish Federation and be passionate about building community through the annual campaign. The candidate must also be a consummate team player who works effectively with a variety of constituencies.
- Manage the core work of the annual campaign divisions including;
- Major Gifts ($10,000+)
- Community Campaign ($1-$9,999)
- Corporate Campaign (Multi-year Partnerships and Annual Event Sponsorships)
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with donors, increasing their engagement and investment in the Jewish Federation of Broward County.
- Manage staff and lay leadership to provide organizational support and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment and grow the annual campaign.
- Serve as primary professional partner to the Annual Campaign Chair and Campaign Cabinet.
- Develop, mentor, manage, and lead a team of development professionals in the areas of Major Gifts, Women’s Philanthropy, Corporate and other Development Officers.
- Identify, qualify and engage prospective donors ($1,000+) in order to deepen the donor base and raise increased gifts.
- Collaborate with program staff to engage existing and new donors to ensure total FRD.
- Oversee all areas of campaign operations.
- Serves as the liaison between Campaign and Marketing/Communications in the development of marketing materials.
- Recruits, motivates, trains, and manages key campaign volunteers.
- Develops and executes yearly work plans for assigned campaign responsibilities to Lay Leaders and Internal Team.
- Analyze, organize and execute the annual campaign effort including performance measures, monitor results for reporting Annual Campaign goals.
- Maintains awareness of advancements in philanthropy and fund development, as well as the general fields of management and the not-for-profit sector.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· Minimum of 5 years in nonprofit development work
· Exceptional relationship management skills
· Highly organized and motivated
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Goal oriented, critical and strategic thinking skills
· Creative and Innovative thinking
· Knowledge of the Jewish community
NATURE AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the organization
- Consistently work to create a donor-centered organization and a culture of philanthropy
- Seek continuous professional development through reading the body of knowledge and staying current with research; participate in professional development opportunities
- Demonstrates initiative and work as a team player and consistently meets desired goals
- Serves as an ambassador for the Jewish Federation in our community. Including, but not limited to attending events
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Solid public speaking experience
This position offers a comprehensive compensation package, the prospect of joining a committed team and becoming a part of one of Broward’s premier philanthropic organizations.