Human Resources Manager
DEPARTMENT: Operations and Planning
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Finance
LOCATION: Davie, Florida
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The HR Manager will assist in the development and execution of personnel policies and procedures, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations, assist in administering benefits, compensation and employee performance programs, recommend new policies and procedures to improve employee engagement and ensure legal compliance of state and federal HR regulations and applicable employment laws.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
- Develop and execute recruiting plan for candidates to fill non-executive positions, including working with hiring manager to develop and refine job description for open positions; posting internally and externally; evaluating resumes; initial screening; logistics and interview scheduling; testing and background checks for prospective candidates.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation for new staff to foster positive attitude toward company goals. Oversee preparation of orientation documents.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Utilize HRIS system to process payroll accurately and on a timely basis. Maintain HRIS system including records of benefits plan participation such as insurance and 401K plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Administer benefits programs such as health, dental, vision and long term disability insurances, 401K benefit plan, PTO, leave of absence, and employee assistance. Work with benefit providers to resolve issues. Work collaboratively with benefits consultant and oversees annual open enrollment process ensuring review, accuracy and 100% staff completion. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and benefits programs.
- Assist supervisors in performance management process and where appropriate, administers salary reviews with employee and their supervisor, as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor in arriving at appropriate resolution of employee relations issues for staff.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Using research and best practices, creates compliance updates for personnel policies and procedures for review by senior management and employment law attorney. Communicates updates to all staff via all staff meetings or e-mail communication.
- Work with supervisors in developing, updating and maintaining current job descriptions for all non-exempt staff.
- Continuously update job-related knowledge by participating in educational opportunities via webinars or external programming; reading professional publications; participating in programming as appropriate.
- Coordinate workers’ comp claims and/or injury reporting to workers’ compensation carrier.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation and updates of the Employee Handbook and the development of policies.
- Responsible for employee safety, welfare and wellness education.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, business or related field; Master’s Degree and/or SHRM certification a plus. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics and cultural awareness. Resourceful, ability to problem solve and thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures. Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations. Strong attention to detail.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent standing, walking and sitting with occasional periods of prolonged sitting at computer or in meetings. Must have good visual acuity to be able to use computer and strong verbal and written communication skills.
The job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.