Development Manager Job Description
The Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA) is seeking an experienced, committed, and dynamic Development Manager to support fundraising operations. The Development Manager will support the Development Team in cultivating and expanding JDCA’s donor base. Applicants must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have fundraising experience. Responsibilities include database maintenance, supporting the identification, cultivation, and tracking of donors, managing event logistics, processing donations, preparing lists and materials for staff and the Board, and answering donor questions and inquiries. The Development Manager will report to the Development Director. We are looking to hire as soon as possible, please only apply if you’re currently available for work full time.
Duties & Responsibilities: The JDCA Development Manager will hold day-to-day responsibilities that are vital to the organization’s fundraising strategy and activities, in addition to long-term projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Development Director in the day-to-day operations by providing key administrative and organizational support to the Development Team.
- Overseeing data management using ActBlue and NGP.
- Assisting in the development and execution of all fundraising events and efforts.
- Interfacing with JDCA’s donors, Board members, supporters and lay leaders.
- Maintaining system for donor communication and thank you notes.
- Supporting JDCA’s call time program for CEO and Development Director.
- Updating fundraising records and tracking incoming calls.
- Preparing materials for donor meetings and events.
Experience & Qualifications
- Superior time-management, attention to details, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Previous political and/or philanthropic fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic portfolio of responsibilities and managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- NGP or equivalent CRM software experience strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the election of candidates who share Jewish and Democratic values.
This role offers great opportunities for growth and mobility within the organization. Salary commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, ranging from $50,000 to $60,000. JDCA provides generous benefits including paid time off, health/vision/dental insurance, and an employee-matched simple IRA. JDCA fosters a collaborative, warm and welcoming culture. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
JDCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Development Manager” in the subject line.