Assistant Job Coach
JEM Workshop Inc
Position : ASSISTANT JOB COACH ( 33.5 hours per week, ½ hour for lunch, unpaid)
Job Summary: The Assistant Job Coach reports to (and works closely with) the Senior Job Coach. They are responsible for assisting the Senior Job Coach interactions with the Social Counselling and Production Teams to support hourly employees, all of whom are differently-abled, in a production environment, providing support anywhere in the workshop where most needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
✓ Assist in supporting the training of hourly employees on new skills in the context of production and packaging work, either manual packaging or machine work;
✓ Assisting employees (especially those requiring extra support, attention, and adaptation) in their day-to-day work;
✓ Working with the Counseling Team to acclimatize new employees; ✓ Creating tools (templates, models, schedules) to adapt tasks for employees; ✓ Providing necessary materials to employees to enable them to have a constant flow of meaningful work and stimulating tasks to accomplish; ✓ Assisting the Forepersons in the set-up and training of new production projects; ✓ Assisting in the supervision of various production projects, where needed; ✓ Replacing Foreperson duties in event of absence of any of the Forepersons; ✓ Assisting in employee supervision at breaks and lunch time, if needed;
✓ Offering administrative support to the professional team, if required; ✓ Regular reporting on status of projects using standardized tools and technology.
Requirements, Skills & Experience:
- D.E.C. or technical certificate
- Bilingual: French and English;
- Well organized, detail oriented, ability to multitask, resourceful;
- Previous work in a manufacturing environment is an asset;
- Professional or volunteer experience working with individuals with disabilities is an asset;
- Experience working in, or knowledge of, the Jewish Community is an asset.
If interested in applying, please send a cover letter and your resumé.
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)