Student Life and Activities Coordinator
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy is a pluralistic Jewish day school for students in grades 6-12. Located in Bryn Mawr, PA (metropolitan Philadelphia), Barrack is the premier Jewish day school in the Delaware Valley, attracting students from Philadelphia and its suburbs, Allentown, southern New Jersey, and Wilmington, Delaware. The school integrates a comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the teaching of essential Jewish and American values and texts. Guided by our four Derech Eretz values of Honor, Moral Courage, Kindness, and Community, Barrack values diversity, celebrates the richness of Judaism's language, culture, and history, and is strongly connected to Israel. Barrack prepares future leaders of the American, Jewish, and global communities who work for a better world through acts of justice and compassion.
The Student Life and Activities Coordinator plays an important role in creating a joyous atmosphere in school in which student-life programming and a focus on the overall student experience is essential to the Barrack program.
This team member will be the point person for student life activities for grades 6-12 and will work with Division Directors and other professionals and team members (including the Director of Jewish Life) to ensure a vibrant student life program at our school. The Student Life and Activities Coordinator will be involved in clubs, trips, signature events, community service opportunities, and the development of new programs that bring energy and opportunities to our students.
We are looking for an individual who loves working with middle and high school students, is passionate about helping young people find their own passions and supporting them in the process, and is excited to engage with students in grades 6-12 in a variety of settings within the school community. The Student Life and Activities Coordinator is a great role for someone who is a team-player, likes to have fun, relates well to students and works well with adults, can balance bringing exciting ideas to the conversation and focusing on the details that make a program great, is highly flexible and understanding, and who values working in a mission-driven organization that is both welcoming and fast-paced. The ability to stay focused while working on a variety of tasks and projects, and be organized, aid in success in this role.
A background in summer camp, youth group work or similar is a positive, though not a requirement, to be considered for the role. A BA is required.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Oversee student life program, including clubs, social events and programs, trips by grade, assemblies
- Partner and coordinate with faculty, staff, and administration for participation in student life programs
- Serve as an advisor to select clubs
- Work with faculty and students to assist with in-school conferences
- Coordinate community service activities as per need of Division Directors
- Support and work in partnership with colleagues in management and coordination of Senior community service projects
- Support and work in partnership with Director of Jewish Life for Jewish-themed school wide programs and events
- Plan, staff and participate in select day and/or overnight trips (this includes support of and participation in Shabbatonim — grade or division weekend experiences)
- Teach 2 electives (to be determined by Division Directors taking into account the background of the individual)