Assistant Director of Admissions
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy (JBHA) is a pluralistic Jewish day school for students in grades 6-12. Located in Bryn Mawr, PA (metropolitan Philadelphia), Barrack is the premier Jewish day school in the Delaware Valley, attracting students from Philadelphia and its suburbs, Allentown, southern New Jersey, and Wilmington, Delaware. The school integrates a comprehensive and rigorous college preparatory curriculum with the teaching of essential Jewish and American values and texts. Guided by our four Derech Eretz values of Honor, Moral Courage, Kindness, and Community, Barrack values diversity, celebrates the richness of Judaism's language, culture, and history, and is strongly connected to Israel. Barrack prepares future leaders of the American, Jewish and global communities who work for a better world through acts of justice and compassion.
JBHA is seeking a full time Assistant Director of Admissions to help further broaden the base of student recruitment and grow our school’s enrollment. The Assistant Director of Admissions will be a key member of the Admissions team participating in all aspects of recruiting and the Admissions process from inquiry to matriculation.
The Assistant Director of Admissions, often the first person families meet, must be warm, welcoming, resourceful, and knowledgeable. We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative professional with excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Two or more years of experience in education or education administration, and proficiency with Google Suite and managing databases, is required. Independent school admissions experience is a plus.
More specifically, the Assistant Director of Admissions will:
- Support all aspects of the Admissions process including handling of applications, communication with candidates and parents which includes interviews, testing, securing admission portfolio information, and communicating decisions to students and families.
- Provide tours and guidance through the admissions process.
- Collaborate on admissions and retention events, including open houses and parlor meetings.
- Partner in all aspects of recruitment including developing and managing strategies for involving current and former parents, students, and alumni to assist in the recruitment and admissions process; cultivate and sustain effective relationships and partnerships with and support for institutions or groups in the community at large that may be helpful in attracting eligible students.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor statistical reports regarding all aspects of recruitment and enrollment to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and overall operational efficiency; interpret the statistics to the relevant constituencies as required.
- Represent the school at various events (sometimes during evenings or Sundays)
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to Ms. Jennifer Groen, Assistant Head of School for Strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org.