Digital Media Internship
The ISRAEL21c Digital Ambassador Internship Program cultivates the next generation of digital communication experts. In this exclusive program, ISRAEL21c works with college-aged students in North America who are passionate about Israel’s positive image across digital media. The Digital Ambassadors work in teams to develop content that actively develops new audiences for ISRAEL21c. Digital Ambassadors develop their storytelling skills by sharing positive news about Israel with diverse communities across the globe, and are given the opportunity to do something positive for Israel that is apolitical.
2022-2023 ISRAEL21c Digital Ambassadors will work together in small teams to produce and execute innovative multimedia campaigns.
Digital Ambassador Roles
There are five teams of four to six participants in the program. Each team develops and distributes digital content inspired by ISRAEL21c’s articles on topics ranging from Sustainability and Humanitarian Aid, to Business, Entrepreneurship and Travel. The teams are empowered to be creative, develop a voice that speaks to their peers, and think outside of the box. We want you to push the limits.
Each team has a team leader, typically past program participants, who serve as the liaison to ISRAEL21c staff and are responsible for managing the team’s production cycle. The other team members are content creators who research, shoot, design, edit, and write for the ISRAEL21c social media channels and in-article responses. The team will collaborate on creating buzz and distributing to relevant target audiences among college aged students, both on campus and in online networks.
Digital Ambassador Responsibilities
- Must commit to the entire duration of the program, Aug 2022-May 2023. You must be based in North America during the entirety of this program. (No studying abroad. Exceptions may be made for short-term personal travel, vacation, etc., if communicated with program supervisor in advance.)
- Attend the mandatory virtual retreat on Sunday, August 28th, 2022 for on-boarding and meeting your fellow participants.
- Be available to dedicate at least 5 hours per week to the program.
- Work together virtually throughout the academic year to execute the program and distribute ISRAEL21c content via social media across various online communities.
- Participate in weekly 30-minute team calls and monthly 1:1 check-ins with your team leader.
- Participate in monthly 60-minute training and skill-building sessions with ISRAEL21c professional team and guest speakers.
- Participate in a closing program in May 2023 to present your team’s full results of your work to the ISRAEL21c Board of Directors.
How long is the program?
The next cohort is August 2022 – May 2023. Applications are accepted from April 1st through May 31st, 2022; acceptance will be offered on a rolling basis.
What do you get out of it?
- $1,000 stipend ($500 per semester).
- A portfolio filled with examples of the work you completed during this program which will be a crucial asset to you in job interviews and future career ventures.
- Experience testing out a variety of roles in the digital marketing space, allowing you the chance to hone your craft to prepare you for a successful career.
- A network of like-minded peers.
- An opportunity to be creative → successful new ideas can lead to new approaches adopted by the publication.
If you have any questions, please contact ISRAEL21c’s Director of Digital Marketing & Partnerships, Andrew Exler at email@example.com.