Reports to: Chief Philanthropy Officer
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: New York, NY preferred; remote candidates within the United States may be considered; work must be performed during Eastern Time Zone working hours
Israel Policy Forum is an educational and policy organization working to shape the discourse and mobilize support among American Jewish leaders and U.S. policymakers for the realization of a viable two-state solution consistent with Israel's security. We do this by educating political and communal leaders on pragmatic policy ideas to improve Israel’s security while maintaining conditions for an eventual two-state solution, and by building consensus in the policy and Jewish communities for these visions and goals. We envision a Jewish, democratic, and secure Israel, and support a strong and enduring U.S.-Israel relationship.
Under the guidance of the Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO), and working closely with the part-time Director of Individual Giving (DIG), the Events Associate (EA) will support the Development Department’s fundraising plan that incorporates new and ongoing initiatives including donor solicitation and stewardship, a recurring giving program, virtual and in-person fundraising and cultivation events, delegation travel to the Middle East, project underwriting, institutional support, and legacy giving.
The EA’s primary responsibilities will focus on managing logistics for in-person and virtual fundraising and cultivation events both in New York and in key communities across the U.S. (e.g. Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Florida, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, Washington, DC, and others). In 2022, we are planning for two in-person benefit events with 75-200 attendees, 12-15 small parlor meetings, and 5-7 larger cultivation and stewardship events, in addition to 15-18 Zoom stewardship and cultivation events.
- Maintain program event schedule for all virtual and in-person development events.
- Research vendors/venues and obtain cost estimates and coordinate with existing vendors.
- Create invite lists using Salesforce and other online tools and track attendees.
- Draft event materials including invitations, reminders, programs.
- Regular correspondence with board members and other lay leaders regarding event invites and attendance.
- Utilize Salesforce to generate regular reports tracking progress toward goals.
- Coordinate and manage event timelines, pre and post-event and day-of logistics for events.
- Assist with gathering and ordering (where applicable) materials for events including swag and brochures.
- Track costs and receipts for each event.
- Coordinate, schedule, and attend event check-ins with other departments as applicable.
- Provide on-site support at virtual and New York-based cultivation and fundraising events, which may require travel and evening and/or weekend work. There may be an opportunity for travel outside of New York.
- Coordinate with CRM Manager and Communications team to create events in Salesforce; enter attendance data; create attendance reports.
- Work with CRM Manager and Operations Associate to ensure all donations are tracked and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development of quality control for list tracking and recording data.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years prior experience in special events.
- Proficiency with donor databases; experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Close attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities, ability to maintain a level of calm and professionalism and effectively address and resolve issues with a strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with teams and individuals.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be committed to a Jewish, democratic, and secure Israel.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range is $55,000 - $60,000 (reflective of a position based in New York, NY), and commensurate with experience and geographic location. Israel Policy Forum offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off (vacation, sick leave, Jewish and secular holidays), medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, HRA, FSA, and an annual professional development stipend.
Israel Policy Forum is based in New York, NY. As a result of COVID-19, Israel Policy Forum staff are currently working in person one day per week and remotely four days per week.
Israel Policy Forum employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with consideration given for medical and religious accommodations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter stating why you want to work at Israel Policy Forum to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Associate” in the subject line. The position will be open until filled, and candidates invited for an interview will be contacted on a rolling basis.
Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Israel Policy Forum encourages you to break that statistic and to apply.