Regional Development Director East Coast
The Regional Development Director (“RDD”) serves as a front line fundraiser on behalf of American Friends of Beit Issie Shapiro (AFOBIS). The RDD is expected to develop a strong partnership with BIS senior management to actively engage in stewarding a portfolio of current AFOBIS individual and foundation donors while also identifying, engaging and soliciting prospects.
Position Location: based in NY area or South Florida
- Research, cultivate, solicit and steward individual, foundation, and corporate donors for new, renewed gifts above $5,000, and other specific related projects
- Identify and develop effective lay leaders for roles in leadership, prospect identification and cultivation, and fundraising events and activities
- Secure support from prospects through direct and/or lay leadership solicitation
- Provide professional leadership and management for various AFOBIS Boards and Committees
- Plan and organize weekly in-person and virtual meetings with donors and prospects, regular speaking events and parlor meetings including together with leadership from BIS
- Work closely with AFOBIS leadership and BIS to ensure alignment at all levels, including identification of donors, outreach and solicitation, identifying funding needs, coordination of communication and messaging.
- Record all major contacts/activities with donors and prospects according to AFOBIS procedures
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities that may be assigned from time-to-time
Experience, Values, Abilities:
- Driven – to grow, listen, learn, be challenged and succeed; entrepreneurial spirit
- Fundraiser – illustratable success in securing increased giving from existing donors; can identify and pursue, solicit new prospects
- Relationship builder – can build positive, collaborative relationships with AFOBIS and BIS professionals and lay leadership; a trusted, dependable, informative, present representative of AFOBIS to donors, prospects, community leaders and potential organizational partners
- Community Builder – strong background in board development, activity and engagement; builds local support groups, holds gatherings and events to attract and inspire new and seasoned friends and supporters of BIS alike
- Rich Stewardship – creative, personal, in-person, tailored
- Global Partner – understands and values roles, dynamics, partnership and sharing of assets within a global organization, global team; able to work across time zones and cultures
- Thinker, Planner – works with colleagues and the AFOBIS Board to develop annual projections and engagement calendar, goals and touchpoints for donors and prospects for the East Coast to achieve fundraising goals;; understands US Jewish communal life, the philanthropic community and trends; exhibits dependability, good time management and strong organizational skills
- Flexible – within a covid reality
- Mentsch – all about positive culture, Together Everyone Achieves More, assists win games, anyone’s success is everyone’s success
Other Position Requirements and Details:
- Ability to travel domestically 8-10 times each year and to Israel twice annually
- Competent working with CRMs
- Knowledge of available digital donor research and identification tools
- Technology proficient – Microsoft Office
- For a NY/NJ-based RDD, currently this is a hybrid position, with expectation of regular meetings in Manhattan and at the AFOBIS office in Midtown Manhattan. An RDD based in South Florida will work from their home with ongoing travel across South Florida and regular travel to the NY area.
- AFOBIS is an Equal Employment Opportunity
About American Friends of Beit Issie Shapiro:
American Friends of Beit Issie Shapiro, a 501(c)(3) founded in 1988 develops and cultivates relationships with donors and foundations to support Beit Issie Shapiro (“Beit Issie”).
Beit Issie is Israel’s leading developer and provider of innovative therapies and state-of-the-art services for children and adults across the entire range of disabilities, impacting over half a million people annually in Israel and around the world. With an annual budget of approximately $15m, their mission is to pioneer Israeli innovation to improve the quality of life and ensure the full rights of people with disabilities.
As a social start-up in the field of disabilities, Beit Issie’s four decades of expertise in scaling its impactful solutions that are developed, researched and validated on-site – has enabled the organization to promote systemic change in the quality of life of people with disabilities in Israel and in over  countries.