Development & Operations Associate (Contract Position)
A More Perfect Union: The Jewish Partnership for Democracy
We are seeking a contractor to spend 30-35 hours per week providing administrative support to A More Perfect Union, including aiding in fundraising efforts like grants management, funder stewardship, generating reports, and preparing briefing notes; as well as maintaining our customer relationship management system (CRM) and helping with the coordination of meetings and events. This work will happen remotely under the direction of A More Perfect Union’s Executive Director and is a great opportunity to learn how a new organization operates and fundraises.
- Input and maintain data stored in a customer relationship management database, aid in migration from current CRM to AirTable, and offer feedback on functionality to improve efficiency.
- Run revenue and pipeline reports regularly and when asked, and develop protocols to standardize future use.
- Develop a grant management calendar and ensure A More Perfect Union is in compliance with all grant requirements at all times.
- Oversee gift acknowledgments protocol and ongoing acknowledgment execution.
- Prepare briefing materials, including preliminary research and donor packets for all donor meetings.
- Participate in project management including tracking progress, deadlines, and outcomes.
- Provide scheduling support for Executive Director as well as key stakeholder and donor meetings.
- Help maintain A More Perfect Union’s ecosystem of consumer software and online services (Google, Canva, Calendly, etc.); periodically research new technologies and best practices.
- Liaise with Issue One, A More Perfect Union’s fiscal sponsor, on expense submission and payment and monthly budget reconciliations.
- Support virtual and in-person event coordination and execution as needed.
- Perform research on relevant topics, campaigns, issues, technology, etc.
- Other operations tasks as needed
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES, AND SKILLS
- Working knowledge of the fundraising process and/or a willingness to learn on-the-job.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collegially with a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, including multi-tasking and meeting required deadlines.
- Competence and facility with basic finance and budget management tasks.
- Facility and comfort with technology and enthusiasm for learning new functions and products.
- Familiarity and/or aptitude for consumer software, especially Airtable, Notion, Calendly, Google Workspace, and Slack.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
A More Perfect Union has team members in New York, Washington, DC, and California. While the project is largely virtual, some in-person meetings may be required, including sessions with the team, with partners, and with our Strategic Advisors. All expenses associated with travel for the project will be reimbursed. The Consultant will enter into contract with Issue One, A More Perfect Union’s fiscal sponsor, and will work directly with Aaron Dorfman, A More Perfect Union’s Founder and Executive Director.
The position is scoped to require 30-35 hours per week to start with potential for growth in scope. Equipment (computer, wireless internet connection, etc.) must be provided by the consultant, though software necessary for executing the scope, as well as a fixed monthly stipend to offset home office costs, will be provided by A More Perfect Union. While it is expected that the Consultant will be available during business hours, A More Perfect Union allows for a flexible work schedule. This is a remote assignment.
A More Perfect Union is committed to maintaining a nondiscriminatory work environment and places a high value on fostering an inclusive workplace. We do not make hiring or contracting decisions based on race, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, political affiliation, pregnancy, disability, or any other status protected by law. Individuals from across the political spectrum who are passionate about protecting and strengthening American democracy are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, along with a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to email@example.com with “Development and Operations Associate” in the subject line. Proposals will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by September 9, 2022. Due to the volume of proposals, we may unfortunately not be able to acknowledge receipt.