Communications and Community Manager
The Neighborhood: An Urban Center for Jewish Life
People and relationships are at the heart of The Neighborhood: An Urban Center for Jewish Life, a new model of community center designed to match the needs and spirit of the Jewish communities in Central and Northern Brooklyn. We are looking for the next person to join our small but growing team who will manage and nurture our community. The Communications and Community Manager will lead The Neighborhood’s interactions with the people and groups that we engage and partner with as we build our organization. This work will include relationship-building with key stakeholders, supporters, partners, and participants; shaping our digital presence via social media, email, and website; and deepening outreach related to our programs . This person will develop creative and innovative ways to communicate about The Neighborhood’s vision and events to the people who know us and those whom we're hoping to bring into our community. This person will also ensure those we’re in relationship with feel stewarded and in the know.
Some Things You’ll Do in this Role:
- Track and maintain relationships with partners, stakeholders, donors, and participants
- Build connections with individuals and community organizations throughout Brooklyn and the Jewish community
- Maintain and expand on our stakeholder CRM to enhance outreach
- Develop creative ways to strengthen relationships between The Neighborhood and participants, donors, and stakeholders
- Prepare engaging correspondence related to invitations, meeting requests, solicitations, and thank you letters
- Deepen activation of our search engine for Brooklyn Jewish resources
- Oversee and manage social media for The Neighborhood, including pitching and managing creative concepts for coordinated communication across social media, email, and web, ensuring our presence is fresh, relevant, and resonant
- Collaborate with staff, presenters, and artists to develop content that advances narratives around programs, including images, gifs, and short videos
- Ensure consistent brand identity across public-facing and internal materials
- Build relationships with press, and project manage and produce media plans for ongoing and upcoming programs including identifying media opportunities, outreach, etc.
- Manage and execute email marketing campaigns and newsletters across the project life cycle: building, editing, and deploying
- Develop social media kits for donors, staff, board, or partners
- Monitor analytics across social media, email, and web, compiling detailed reports and generating insights for future decision-making
- Keep The Neighborhood up to date on digital trends and present opportunities for growth
Some Things we are Looking For:
The successful candidate brings exceptional interpersonal communication skills across cultures, really likes people and appreciates what it takes to sustain healthy relationships, is highly organized, has excellent copywriting/content writing skills, and loves small details. We are looking for experience with marketing automation tools and techniques, Mailchimp and/or other marketing campaign tools, fluency in social media platforms, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. We envision that a successful candidate will have 4+ years experience managing social media and digital channels for a brand or nonprofit.
Additionally, we’re looking for a candidate with familiarity with Jewish identity and the Jewish community in Brooklyn. Being a proactive and creative problem solver would also be an asset for this position. The Neighborhood is an exciting start-up, with a small staff and board, and the ideal candidate wants to be part of our growth process and understands that every task counts at a non-profit organization and ladders up to manifest the bigger picture. We do not yet have a permanent programming space, so this staff person will help build from the ground up. This role is an in-person position, with an office space in Downtown Brooklyn. Some nights and weekends are required, with an understanding of the importance of work-life balance and flexibility around work hours.
The Neighborhood is building an organization and space that is welcoming and inclusive—for the Jewish community and our friends and neighbors. We believe that having a diverse staff is key to effectively building a pluralistic center for Jewish life with nuance and perspective. A more diverse group of people working behind the scenes makes us better at every stage of our growth and development. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities to apply.
Email your resume with a cover letter as a single PDF, labeled with your name to: email@example.com, with COMMUNITY MANAGER in the email subject line. We’ll be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis. Applying early is recommended!
Salary range: $55,000-65,0000, depending on experience