Digital Communications Associate
ABOUT THE iCENTER
The iCenter advances excellence in Israel education by serving as the North American hub for shaping and strengthening the field. In collaboration with schools, camps, universities, travel experience providers, and more, The iCenter supports educators with training, tools, and resources to bring Israel into learners’ lives. We believe that education is key to inspiring generations of young Jews with a meaningful and enduring connection to Israel and the Jewish people.
The iCenter is made by the people who work here. We all contribute our diverse talents and expertise, and are always encouraged to bring our diversity of skills and passions into our work. We’re creative, fun, and hardworking, and care deeply about our work of enhancing the relationship of Jews to Israel (and Israel to Jews). We have a strong culture of learning, and are constantly refreshing as we learn and take in feedback. Our brightly-colored office is stocked with snacks and swag, and frequently is bustling with educators collaborating together.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Are you a creative thinker? Do you love to tell stories about people, education, and Israel? Do you live and breathe social media? Are you always searching for the latest viral videos and trends? Is a fun work day for you spending hours creating on the back end of a website or developing the next email newsletter? Do you enjoy working with a talented team of creative colleagues? If that’s a yes, then we’d love for you to share your creative and technical talents with our growing Marketing and Communications team based in Northbrook, IL.
WHAT YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Serve on a team to develop and actualize The iCenter’s integrated multi-channel marketing and communications strategy using compelling multimedia content optimized for digital channels.
- Organize, update, and maintain content on digital communications platforms, including website, social media, e-newsletter, and press releases for audiences across North America and Israel.
- Operate as day-to-day website manager, ensuring security and functionality, monitoring performance, updating content, and improving general user experience.
- Responsible for composing and publishing dynamic content (text, image, video) in order to promote meaningful conversation and engagement through social media channels.
- Build influencer marketing strategy in order to drive local, regional, national, and international awareness, visitation, and engagement.
- Collaborate with partners locally and beyond, including hashtag campaigns, strategic content (re)sharing, and collaborative reporting.
- Lead, write, deliver, and grow traction of monthly email newsletter and provide regular reporting of results.
- Monitor analytics to help make data-driven decisions to increase engagement.
- Research and implement new digital communications technologies to continuously enhance virtual learning experiences.
WHO YOU ARE
- Motivated to tell the story of The iCenter and Israel education through a variety of digital media platforms
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing, content creation, and editing skills
- Self-starter and able to prioritize several projects and assignments simultaneously
- A team player with the desire to work closely with a dynamic group of colleagues
- Committed to continuous growth in and ongoing improvement in digital best practices
- Willingly flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Passion for the mission of The iCenter
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- BS/BA in marketing, communications, journalism, digital storytelling or related field
- 0-3 yrs. digital communications experience, including web, social, and email
- Fluency with Wordpress, HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Cloud, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and social media platforms
- Experience with paid social media ads, Google Analytics, and SEO best practices preferred
- Strong project manager with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Experience with and knowledge of Israel and Hebrew
LOCATION: Northbrook, IL (currently working 2 days in the office and 3 days remote)
COMMITMENT & BENEFITS
This is a full-time position based in Northbrook, IL. The iCenter is currently operating in a hybrid work model. Team members will work out of the Northbrook office two days per week and will work remotely three days per week. The iCenter provides a generous benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, retirement matching, paid family leave, and a robust professional development stipend.
The iCenter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The iCenter promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Diversity is a core value at The iCenter. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Digital Communications” and your first and last name in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.