Director of Operations and Engagement
The Director of Operations and Engagement is the chief operations/administrative officer of the synagogue with responsibilities for the day-to-day administration activities and membership services. Responsibilities include oversight of its support staff, active relationships and support for congregational membership groups and related programming, oversight and logistics for the facility and events, as well as overall management of fiscal and administrative activities. To achieve this, collaboration with faculty, clergy and lay leaders is essential to integrating the culture and congregational philosophy into a comprehensive strategic plan and its implementation.
· Collaborate with lay leadership to advance the planning and implementation of programs.
· Lead the office administration and operations needs of the synagogue including facilities, technology, and communication systems.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures consistent with the clergy and Board.
· Liaise with staff, clergy, and lay leadership to meet member needs, expand programming, or raise concerns as they arise.
· Partner with the treasurer to provide oversight of all synagogue financial matters.
· Respond to last-minute internal requests to take advantage of emerging opportunities or situations.
· Manage administrative support staff including recruiting, onboarding, training, and annual reviews.
· Create, maintain, and update online and physical membership materials, including brochures, invitations, and other branded items provided to members.
· Create and disseminate congregant communications and announcements as well as new member outreach.
· Available evenings and weekends based on need.
· Perform other related duties as assigned or required; duties and responsibilities may be added or changed.
· Bachelor’s degree— or equivalent related professional experience.
· Warm and personable with strong customer service, communication, and relationship-building skills.
· Excellent time- and self-management in all areas of work.
· Strong project management skills with the ability to track multiple projects and meet tight and ongoing deadlines.
· Creative and critical thinker who generates new ideas to advance strategies and programs.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often-changing environment.
· Demonstrate good judgment and an ability to interact with confidentiality, integrity, and tact.
· Knowledge of social media platforms and experience writing appropriate content in a range of communication mediums.
· Familiarity with Shul Cloud and Constant Contact preferred.
· Familiarity with Quickbooks.
· Some knowledge of Jewish customs and culture preferred.
· Open to job sharing.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. This position is available in Tarrytown, NY.