Hotline Specialist (Remote)
Shalom Task Force is the leading non-profit agency committed to combatting domestic violence and fostering healthy and safe relationships in the Jewish community. Shalom Task Force’s Confidential Hotline/chatline serves victims of abuse in the Jewish community. The Hotline Specialist will provide hotline and chatline shift coverage supporting those who reach out to Shalom Task Force through active listening, crisis intervention, safety planning, and referrals. He/she will contribute to an agency culture of collaboration to partner with other team members.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cover hotline and chatline during assigned shifts
- Follow all policies, procedures, and protocols, including confidentiality policy, to ensure consistent hotline and chatline support for all callers/chatters
- Complete all required documentation promptly and thoroughly
- Perform tasks as needed to support the needs of the hotline department
- Attend relevant trainings, workshops and seminars to keep up with best practices of trauma informed, client-centered care.
Skill and Education Required:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent (Social work, Psychology, or related field).
- Recent graduates encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with Jewish communal work and Jewish culture.
- Preferred skills:
- Experience with crisis support and/or Domestic Violence.
- Strong computer, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Google suite.
- Comfortable learning and acquiring proficiency of a variety of technological platforms.
Location and Requirements
- This position is fully remote and is open to candidates anywhere in the United States.
- This position requires consistent and reliable access to a computer and internet connection.
- This position is up to 25 hours per week
- The hours for this position are:
- 2 days per week from 4pm-10pm EST
- 2 days per week from 4pm-7:30pm EST
- 6 hours per week at a time agreed upon by STF Hotline Director and Hotline Specialist.
- Hotline Specialist salary is $30/hour
- Hotline Specialist will be paid for all time worked. Pay not dependent on call/chat volume
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org