About Us: From its humble beginnings in 1964, in an apartment on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, Lincoln Square Synagogue (LSS) has grown into an institution that has been a model for Modern Orthodox Judaism.Over the years the synagogue has developed into a diverse and vibrant Modern Orthodox Congregation that provides religious, social, and educational services and outreach to the unique Jewish community of the Upper West Side of New York. The synagogue strives to be a model in the integration of Halachic Judaism and contemporary life to the broader Jewish community.
Position: Administrative Assistant
We are seeking a candidate with the following characteristics: warm, friendly, personable, highly organized, proactive, very detail oriented, and has strong multi-tasking skills.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director to manage the daily operations of the Synagogue. A successful candidate must be customer service oriented who can work well with a team, using tact and diplomacy. He/she must prioritize work in a fast paced environment so that all deadlines are met on time and with ease. He/she must represent the synagogue in a professional manner with a wide range of people including the Board, synagogue members, volunteers, caterers, and renters. She/he must be able to create a secure, welcoming synagogue environment in which congregants feel their religious, social & communal needs are addressed in a positive manner.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Admin Assistant will have a wide range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Writing a weekly newsletter, drafting & coordinating emails, and maintaining the website.
- Customer service including answering phones, emails, and greeting in person visitor
- Clerical duties and communicating with other office staff to ensure completion of projects
- Arranging events, marketing, and management of general events and High Holidays
- Understanding of Jewish rituals, life cycle events, holidays & customs
- Knowledge of MS Office, database management, email marketing, and website development tools
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Exceptional discretion and judgment
Duration: Full Time
Preferred Experience: 1-3 years
Preferred Degree: Bachelors
Other benefits: health benefits, paid vacation, leave early for shabbat, Jewish holidays off
Office hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Fridays: 9:00am-1:00pm
This role may require working extended evening hours during such busy seasons as the High Holy Days, leading up to the annual synagogue dinner, and other holiday periods.