Director of Program Operations
Since 2015, JSP has evolved from a small startup into a leading national organization with seven full time staff, a $1.1M budget, a growing network of Facilitators, and a community of thousands of alumni and participants. We are seeking a Director of Program Operations to join our program team as we expand. As a critical member of our growing team, the Director of Program Operations will oversee program implementation across JSP’s broad program portfolio, conducting program planning, creating operational systems, managing program staff, and more. This position is full-time, remote and reports to JSP’s Creative Director.
- Conduct Program Planning: Develop annual plan for the delivery of JSP’s program portfolio (which includes: public programs, immersive experiences, Creative Facilitator Training, leader studios, etc.) complete with program-specific workplans.
- Create Operational Systems: Develop systems, workflows and processes (related to: scheduling, finances, staffing, participant recruitment, learning resources, partnerships, etc.) to ensure efficient program delivery across the program portfolio.
- Manage Program Team Members: Supervise and provide direction, input and feedback to JSP’s program management team.
- Advance JSP Evaluation: Develop a program evaluation framework to assess program impact and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage Program Financials: Develop annual program budget and track program financials on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate Program Impact: Collaborate with fundraising and communication staff to report on program goals, outcomes and impact.
- You have significant experience in program planning, delivery and evaluation.
- You have strong project management skills leading complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- You are highly organized and able to wear multiple hats in a dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environment; you manage toward clarity and solutions.
- You have a successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient organization.
- You have experience managing individuals and developing teams.
- You exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- You are a self starter who is curious and excited to always be learning.
- You are able to work as part of a team and also stay motivated while working independently.
- You are familiar with anti-oppression frameworks and committed to interrogating systems of power and inequality in the world.
- You are comfortable being direct with all members of the JSP team in order to maintain deadlines and meet program goals.
- Your work reflects self-awareness, groundedness and humility.
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LGBTQIIA+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. JSP encourages you to break that statistic and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- We will conduct initial interviews in mid-late May.
- We will invite finalists for interviews in early-mid June and make an offer shortly thereafter.
- We hope to have the selected candidate begin in July or August.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salaried, exempt position with an annualized salary range of $75K - $85K / year.
- 40 hours per week. We are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
- 140 hours of PTO as well as 11 paid federal holidays, Jewish Holidays and a flexible schedule.
- Generous benefits, including: health, vision and dental plans; life insurance policy; and retirement savings program.
- As an essential member of our growing team, you will have plentiful leadership opportunities and the support of colleagues invested in your growth and development.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Director of Program Operations in the subject line. We encourage you to apply soon.
JSP is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates workplace diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status.