Policy and Political Associate
Policy and Political Associate Description
The Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA) is seeking an experienced, committed, and dynamic Policy and Political Associate to support policy, political, and research operations. The Policy and Political Associate will serve as an integral part of the organization’s professional staff. Applicants must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and prior policy experience is preferred. Ideal candidates will be proactive in their work in serving as a critical member of this team. The Policy and Political Associate will report to the Policy and Political Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide written reports for staff and Board of Directors on policy developments.
- Work with Policy and Outreach teams in identifying opportunities of grassroots activism on JDCA policy priorities including in drafting online action items.
- Providing daily briefs on activities in Congress and the Administration and send written communications on daily policy developments to the Board of Directors.
- Research and track policy developments in Congress and the administration.
- Assist Policy and Political Director in outreach to policymakers on Capitol Hill and in the Administration, including but not limited to preparing background research.
- Coordinate logistics for weeks of action and other large Hill engagement efforts.
- Provide support to Political and Communications teams on political endorsements and political spending.
- Research political developments, candidates, and races.
- Strong research skills including basic data and Excel skills, and the ability to familiarize oneself with new policy and political areas;
- Organized, dependable self-starter with a close attention to detail and accuracy;
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a complex, multi-priority workload;
- Great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- At least one year of relevant experience in government and/or policy work;
- Understanding of issues of the legislative process, and Democratic politics;
- Flexible team player with experience collaborating with diverse groups of people;
- Efficient and comfortable operating in a deadline-driven environment; and
- A commitment to the mission of JDCA.
Salary ranges from $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
JDCA provides generous benefits including paid time off, health/vision/dental insurance, and an employee-matched simple IRA. JDCA fosters a collaborative, warm, and welcoming culture. JDCA is located in DC and this position will work out of the DC office.
JDCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and note “Policy and Political Associate” in the subject line.