Program Associate Job Description
The Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA) is seeking an experienced, committed, and dynamic Program Associate to support organization-wide programming and events operations. The Program Associate will support JDCA in the creation, management, and execution of virtual and in-person programs, fundraisers, and events. Applicants must be detail-oriented, creative problem solvers, possess strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills, be tech-savvy, have virtual and in-person programming and events experience, and work well both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced high-pressure environment. The Program Associate will report to the Director of Programming and Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing key administrative, organizational and planning support to the Programming and Events Team.
- Organizing, maintaining, and analyzing programming and events databases, calendars, files and assets, feedback, inquiries, follow-up communications, and assisting with other related tasks. This includes reviewing and improving existing systems of data organization and analysis.
- Managing program and events timelines, production schedules, materials, and deadlines for multiple projects occurring simultaneously.
- Researching topics, speakers, and partner organizations for JDCA’s in-person and virtual programs and events.
- Writing memos, runs-of-show, scripts, and speaker introductions for all programs and events.
- Helping execute all virtual and in-person events by running point on tech needs, and by providing logistical and behind-the-scenes support and coordination. Providing ongoing communication—internally and externally—before, during, and after programs and events with key stakeholders, VIPs, support staff, attendees, third-party vendors, etc.
- Preparing materials for JDCA meetings and presentations.
- Interfacing with other JDCA team members, donors, Board Members, Next Generation Leadership Council members, supporters, and lay leaders.
Experience & Qualifications
- Superior time-management, attention to details, creative problem-solver, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Previous experience planning and executing virtual and in-person events is required. Political and/or Jewish organizational experience preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic portfolio of responsibilities and managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- NGP or equivalent CRM software experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Google Sheets, Google Calendars, the Microsoft Office Suite, and Zoom is required. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred, but not required.
- Availability and flexibility for off-hour programs and events is required.
- Commitment to the election of candidates who share Jewish and Democratic values.
This role offers great opportunities for growth and mobility within the organization. Salary commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, ranging from $40,000-$50,000. JDCA provides generous benefits including paid time off, health/vision/dental insurance, and an employee-matched simple IRA. JDCA fosters a collaborative, warm and welcoming culture. While applicants are preferred to be DC-based or NYC-based., remote working from elsewhere in the country is possible.
JDCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Program Associate” in the subject line.