Foundation Grants Coordinator
The David Berg Foundation is a private philanthropic foundation that supports charitable institutions in the United States, Europe, and Israel in several core program areas: legal services and scholarship; historic preservation and conservation of Jewish heritage sites; human rights, ethics, and combating antisemitism; exhibitions, publications, archives, and libraries; and Jewish community assistance. Since its inception in 2000, the David Berg Foundation has awarded over 800 grants to more than 200 non-profit organizations.
The David Berg Foundation seeks a Grants Coordinator for research, administrative assistance, helping with foundation operations, and supporting the grant making process. The position will be supervised by the Foundation’s Grants Manager.
· Maintain President’s calendar and schedule grantee and potential grantee site visits.
· Prepare and distribute board meeting materials.
· Manage contacts and lists that track grantees and stakeholders.
· Input data with Foundant, the online grants management system.
· Research trends in philanthropy and program areas supported by the Foundation.
· File correspondence and help with office organization.
· Provide general administrative and operational support.
· Stay informed of developments in Foundation grant-related fields.
· Other special projects as assigned.
· Graduate degree preferred.
· 4+ years of relevant work experience in a field that aligns with the foundation’s funding priorities. The ideal candidate will have interest and knowledge in philanthropy, legal services, and/or Jewish history.
· Strong organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently and be a team player.
· Willingness to take on a wide array of projects large and small as assigned.
· Location: New York, NY (Upper East Side).
· Full Time: Monday to Thursday.
· Hybrid work schedule: at-office and remote.
· Must be flexible with colleague’s schedules to arrange workdays at the office.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter by email with your name and “Grants Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com.